Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my car soon...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

part it out and keep it.

I got dibs on the baer rotors!!! pm if selling
Old 05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

d-mod as in get rid of the zex kit and leave the rest bro, evething else isnt really worth the time to un-install and then re-install IMO.

when I was de-modding I had peeps hitting me up for $100 lca with makes no sence to take them off and put the stocks back on for the amount of time and for how cheap they are to buy brand new.

I would tell peeps to take a hike if the mod isnt worth atleast a few hun and if it takes you any longer then a hour or 2 to take it off and put the stock parts back on......

I understand that everybody wants a deal but when prices for some of these mods are that low its almost insulting you want a guy to work for hours and hours on his car so you can save $20 lol
Old 05-17-2009, 08:51 PM
raiden
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
...i have some growing up to do now...
Yeah right, like that's ever going to happen!
BTW nice pics!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Damn this thread took off! I pretty much have had someone call dibs on

Baer rotors
Track big and little setup
Gt500 front end
Suspension pieces
Driveshaft
Saleen wheels and tires
Lowering springs

Think if I ever decide to sell I'd completely part it out and get rid of it stock since I have buyers
For all that in only one day of posting the thread haha.

Right now I'm keeping it as is and looking for a house. Taking the nitrous off soon and getting another car in a few months.
Thanks for your thoughts and thanks raiden for those pics haha they've been EVERYWHERE
Old 05-18-2009, 05:00 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raiden
Yeah right, like that's ever going to happen!
BTW nice pics!
LOL freakin Leonard....Damn bro, you CANT get rid of her....
Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

first off mygt500 i'm not sure where i should post this so if you move it just make sure you let me know so i don't lose it somewhere and can't find it haha

B

here are a few pics...

video in my sig and follow the streetfire links...
I have no problem with this here as there are many others like this here too. OH and dont sell that beast....you will regret it !!!!
Find a way to get what you want and keep what you have!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

I have been down your road before:

i used to have a 95 civic coupe with about $20k just in motor swap and turbo kit and all the other modifications,this was in my younger years when i was renting. there was no way i could have put the car back to stock, i pretty much sold all the stock parts as i bought new parts.So when it was time to sell it i was able to get $8K back out of it, so that was a loss of about $20k once you include the cost of the car.

on my next car i did things a little different, i bought a 2001 jetta VR6. kept all my stock parts,every single screw. when it came time for me to trade that in i converted it all back to 100% stock and sold everything, i made out like a bandit, got almost 100% of my mod money back, and even $1000 over what i owed on the car to go towards my next car.

So if it were me and you still hae your stock stuff i would convert it all back to stock, you can find someone local who will buy your hod and front end im sure no problem.

trade the car in on a kia so your payments are super low and after a few years of being in the house go get something real nice,it will be worth it.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by one eyed *****
I have been down your road before:

i used to have a 95 civic coupe with about $20k just in motor swap and turbo kit and all the other modifications,this was in my younger years when i was renting. there was no way i could have put the car back to stock, i pretty much sold all the stock parts as i bought new parts.So when it was time to sell it i was able to get $8K back out of it, so that was a loss of about $20k once you include the cost of the car.

on my next car i did things a little different, i bought a 2001 jetta VR6. kept all my stock parts,every single screw. when it came time for me to trade that in i converted it all back to 100% stock and sold everything, i made out like a bandit, got almost 100% of my mod money back, and even $1000 over what i owed on the car to go towards my next car.

So if it were me and you still hae your stock stuff i would convert it all back to stock, you can find someone local who will buy your hod and front end im sure no problem.

trade the car in on a kia so your payments are super low and after a few years of being in the house go get something real nice,it will be worth it.
haha my family, girlfriend, and friends would disown me!

thought about it at work and after a good point made by someone on this, i decided i'm just going to keep it exactly how it is and stop taking it to the track after the next track night two weeks from now. i'll enjoy the car shows coming up and get myself into a house. then maybe sell the track rim setup and nitrous kit and buy myself a project car for the track. since my graduation is coming up in three weeks, maybe my graduation present will be a dedicated track project i can build up once i get into the house and leave the mustang as my DD.

i'd hate to see this car go after all the time i spent on this thing modding it from completely stock 2 years ago.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 AM
raiden
1st Gear Member

...my family, girlfriend, and friends would disown me...
Mike who??
Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

mike jones! haha
shut up fool. maybe you need to grow up haha get me that video and quit screwing around

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my car soon...