Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Default My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers

Hi all

Just wanted to post some updated photos of my 05 GT, as some of you might know I screwed up my front end...or rather the wife did hitting a raccoon a year or so ago and I have just got around to replacing it, the guy who does my paint worked me out a good price so I made a few upgrades to the car whilst I was at it!

Was originally going to replace the fascia with a original stock one but went with a Roush kit instead with the lower fog lights, then the mod bug got me and I upgraded to a Trufiber GTS3 Hood (Thanks Phil) with recessed hood pins (boy installing them was a bitch!) and finally installed a pair of SHR Louvers, I have always liked them but the work that went along with installing them put me off but I finally bit the bullet and went for it, another pain in the *** but worth it in the end.

The new mineral gray came out a little darker so I need to take it back and he said he would blend the fenders to make it look better but other than that I am quite pleased with how it turned out, what do you think? Should I just leave the car alone now or any suggestions for future mods?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers-img_0596.jpg   My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers-img_0579.jpg   My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers-img_0592.jpg   My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers-img_0587.jpg   My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers-img_0593.jpg  

Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Very nice. Who's Phil?

You gotta nice clean look going, I wouldn't mess much with it. JMHO.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:31 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

looks fantastic! great choices on everything! i want the SHR louvers real bad!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

NICE DUDE!!! very nice, were did u get the billit inserts for the lower part of the roush fascia? VERY NICE THOUGH!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Looks great, I agree with Mellow, don't mess with it to much .
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

I really wanted SHR louvers for the longest time, as far as I am concerned no other louver beats them and the view from inside was much better than I expected them to be, I wouldn't think twice about recommending them.

Thanks Red Beast, you gave me good advice on a few theads in the past. The billet grills are the reason I finally went with the roush fascia as I have always had grilles on my car and didn't want to have an empty space at the bottom, I bought the three piece kit off a forum member but you can buy them here http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro..._Polished.html

I don't plan on doing much else now as far as show mods go but I would like do add something to be back end of the car so it evens things out and maybe side scoops and then thats it! Its all show no go right now so a Whipple SC would be a nice addition in the future
Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Very nice!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Lookin Good!!

MG with Black stripe-age FTW!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

very nice man
Old 05-18-2009, 06:29 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Well chosen mods. Too often appearance mods are just tossed together without consideration for how they'll look together. You've got a great looking car there.

Quick Reply: My Mustang - New Hood, Fascia and louvers