Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Bumper AND Stripes Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 AM
odysseyzray

Default Front Bumper AND Stripes Question

Hi guys, first of all i would like to say thank you for the forum. I must say everybody here has been nice in welcoming to the world of Mustang, i'm really enjoying my stay here.

Anyway i got 2 big question :

1. I just found out that my mustang has a big crack on its front bumper (look pic), and i would like to replace it with the Roush Front Fascia Kit from mrbodykit.com. Am i looking at the right piece ?

2. I would also like to put white striping. Which is better decals (http://www.americanmuscle.com/lemans-stripes-white.html) or just get it painted profesionally by some autoshop?

THX

Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Bird1606
1st Gear Member

I have my 07 GT/CS striped, and there is the classic paint v vinyl argument that you are going to have to hash out. Paint is more expensive (by a lot) but looks better and will last longer. Vinyl is way cheaper, and you can change it easy if you don't like it. I put vinyl on mine and it looks great. I love it, and I installed it myself (w/ some buddy help). If you are going to do vinyl, try this shop, they are the best.

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

A lot of guys on the board have used them, myself included, multiple times. I used it for my original set of stripes, and then when I wrecked it and put a GT500 front end and KR hood on, I used them again. I can't recommend them highly enough, the customer service is top notch.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:27 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro..._Shipping.html

for the unpainted it's 10 bucks more, but don't forget one important thing...free shipping.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

I had my stripe painted, I love it and dont regret it at all! However... it is pricey and it looks like you have a stripe on your hood already so maybe just want to have a shop like the one bird1606 posted custom make you whatever you want. I paid $1400 for my stiripe and it was worth every dime!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bird1606
I have my 07 GT/CS striped, and there is the classic paint v vinyl argument that you are going to have to hash out. Paint is more expensive (by a lot) but looks better and will last longer. Vinyl is way cheaper, and you can change it easy if you don't like it. I put vinyl on mine and it looks great. I love it, and I installed it myself (w/ some buddy help). If you are going to do vinyl, try this shop, they are the best.

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

A lot of guys on the board have used them, myself included, multiple times. I used it for my original set of stripes, and then when I wrecked it and put a GT500 front end and KR hood on, I used them again. I can't recommend them highly enough, the customer service is top notch.
+10000 Baltimore Street Mods. If you have the patience and the time, you can do it yourself, achieve the look, and save $$$.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 PM
odysseyzray

OK, thanks for the info guys. I got one question left tho, i can just buy this roush front bumper itself rite? And it would attach to the stock body just like that or some drilling involved? I dont have to buy the whole kit? Thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 01:34 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

You can get the Roush front facia by itself. Installation is very easy.
I'm about to put one on myself (actually, had it on once, took it off, and will now get it painted and put it back on).