Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L CAI, UD pulleys, Predator Special

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:15 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: C&L CAI, UD pulleys, Predator Special

This is good to know. I was just about to order the C&L / Predator combo. I just had a look and I see the C&L / Predator / pulley combo is already available as option "D". I may get that but I have some concerns about the non Ford balancer. I'd like to hear from some people who have used a balancer with a UD pulley on a 4.6 to see if there were any long term problems that developed.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:04 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Damn, package D is a pretty good deal; all that's missing are Ford racing gears.

http://rpmoutlet.com/05gt.htm
Old 06-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I am an (mostly) automotive moron. I can change my oil, (at least in the Mustang, I don't have the tiny hands or patience required for the WRX), I can likely put the CAI or a set of Flowmasters on... I can probably even use the tuner kit... but the pulleys??? I am pretty sure those would leave me irritated and clueless. Is it worth just going for the CAI, mufflers, and tune? And, which is better, SLP or Flowmaster? I am looking for a little more noise from the exhaust...

Either way, these testimonials are making my hands itch... must.... resiste... urge... to... buy... stuff.... now....
Old 06-27-2005, 01:06 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

OK, the mystery vendor updated their site and they made the package option D.

It consists of the predator tuner,
MotoBlue UD pulley with idler
C&L Tru Flow inteake

All this for just $749 including free shipping. This is a great deal.

And for Stoenr who asked for an exhaust system, they threw in a Magnaflow Xpipe exhaust for just $695 including shipping. This is option E.

here's the link to the Mystery vendor
Old 07-04-2005, 05:44 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

Ok, I am an (mostly) automotive moron. I can change my oil, (at least in the Mustang, I don't have the tiny hands or patience required for the WRX), I can likely put the CAI or a set of Flowmasters on... I can probably even use the tuner kit... but the pulleys??? I am pretty sure those would leave me irritated and clueless. Is it worth just going for the CAI, mufflers, and tune? And, which is better, SLP or Flowmaster? I am looking for a little more noise from the exhaust...

Either way, these testimonials are making my hands itch... must.... resiste... urge... to... buy... stuff.... now....
Ok, the itch got too bad... I just ordered a set of SLP Powerflos and option "D", (Pred tuner, 3 pulley kit, and C&L CAI)...
Old 07-04-2005, 10:01 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Ok, the itch got too bad... I just ordered a set of SLP Powerflos and option "D", (Pred tuner, 3 pulley kit, and C&L CAI)...
I know what you mean. I have the itch also and its hard not to scratch it. I will probably be ordering option D next week.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:54 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Excellent choice... I have all of those, except the pulleys.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Important Delivery Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled Delivery: 07-July-2005
woohoo! Just in time for the weekend!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

I ordered the Ford Racing gears after they said they would sell them to me for $159.95. I originally asked them to match the price at another website. It was a great price so I ordered it in addition to option C. So when the gears arrive their the Motive gears not the Ford. WTF!

I call them up and they say oh our mistake, but we will send you the Ford gears but it will cost $209. I was a little pissed because I specifically asked in email for the FORD RACING GEARS. They at first weren't going to budge.

I reminded them I had it in writing and that I wanted the price I was quoted. The manager eventually said he would sell me the gears for the originally agreed price, but guess what??? Their out of stock for the next 6-8 weeks!!

I'm not entiely sure they're being honest since their website still shows them available. In their defense he did send me an email in which he states they will sell me the gears at the discount when they are available and sent me a return UPS label for the Motives.

Just a little frustrating. I'm not trying to bash their company because hopefully they keep their end of the deal, but thought you should know my experience with them.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
TorchRedBeauty
1st Gear Member

Anyone have any real world experience with the UD pulleys? Are they practical for the everyday driver or are they only for racing? I read that they reduce the electrical power available for the car, so will this affect anything like the AC or the Shaker 500? Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: C&L CAI, UD pulleys, Predator Special