Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever "Brake checked" a cop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I've done a ride along with a local LEO agency. They dont light you up right away cause they are running the tag to determine whether they will need backup right away or not. There is no reason to tailgate cause you can see the tag from a faily good distance behind. Those cops that do tailgate are just on a power trip thats all.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jerseyblood
WOW you guys obviously know nothing about police work. I read the first half of these and cant believe no one thought that he might be going to a call. Not all calls require lights and sirens (Actually very few do). Mabey he was going to a domestic or something and wanted to get there fast but YOU were in his way. If not, did you ever think that he was trying to run your plate to see if the car was stolen. If your car was stolen you probably would be saying that police do nothing. Too many people these days think cops are bad and abuse their power. Wake up people...Do a local ride-along with your local PD and you will see how it all works.
I can agree with what your saying, and realize these guys usually have a thankless job....however, some also abuse their authority and I believe that anyone in the car with me that night would agree he was just trying to provoke or intimidate.

If he was on a non emergency run, he had at least three chances to pass, which he never attempted... he simply came up an my tail with no oncoming traffic, and never veered to the left to look around me or start to pass.

I shall apologize for being in his way driving the speed limit on a public road, if he would simply let me know that I can run at any speed to stay out of his way so he doesn't dangerously tail gate me, without he inturn giving me a ticket, heck ya I am in.

Next time I am in a similar situation, I will simply accelerate until he can't stay on my bumper and see what happens to me.... NOT
Old 05-23-2009, 02:31 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

cops are like everyone else, human, not perfect, have emotions, have lives, ect ect.
yeah he may be checking plates, he may be checking the ride, he may be trying to speed, he may be trting to get you to run, he may just be trying to be a huge dick.
either way, he gots a gun, i gots a stang. its a cop finder and the po po love to look up my plates, but if im legalish i dont worry. as for brake check, never, pull over in a hurry sure why not
tell a cop off?? not a good idea, they can "find" a reason, trust me, the law is gay.
ps for all you who "hate" cops, see how much you hate if you ever need em on your side
most of the time you can level with em so just chill and thrill safely
Old 05-23-2009, 05:31 AM
cmdr_anomic

Red face

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
not a good idea, they can "find" a reason, trust me, the law is gay.
like when they "find" a little baggie in the trunk? lmao
Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
cops are like everyone else, human, not perfect, have emotions, have lives, ect ect.
yeah he may be checking plates, he may be checking the ride, he may be trying to speed, he may be trting to get you to run, he may just be trying to be a huge dick.
either way, he gots a gun, i gots a stang. its a cop finder and the po po love to look up my plates, but if im legalish i dont worry. as for brake check, never, pull over in a hurry sure why not
tell a cop off?? not a good idea, they can "find" a reason, trust me, the law is gay.
ps for all you who "hate" cops, see how much you hate if you ever need em on your side
most of the time you can level with em so just chill and thrill safely
I know where your coming from, and I didn't intend to turn this into a a cop hater thread, and really I am not one. I was mostly just irritated abit and feeling frisky that night I guess, probably a stupid move on my part, but I got a story to tell friends that all look at me in shock when I tell them what I did. Makes for a good story, and luckily I didn't get a ticket.