Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nice but pricey

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Default nice but pricey

Hey guys, I just saw my first mustang in person at a local dealership. Looks even better than pics and I love the optional 18" wheels. The one they had was a V6 and stickered at 28k (ouch), way too much if you ask me (maybe if it had a better engine like the 3.5). Anyway it was loaded with the pony package, dark red with white stripe, leather, auto, ect. I don't know how they came up with that MSRP as the standard price was 24k with 3k in options, so there is an extra 1k in there somewhere. It did have a code that said "MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU", not sure what that means. Now if I could get a GT for around that price without the stripes and auto I'd take it, but for a premium even with a-plan pricing that might be a tall order. btw, they also have a sharp 09 silver GT premium with 3.55, hood scoop, glass roof, chrome wheels and GT appearance package on sale for 29k, but I like the 2010's much better.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:24 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

The black 5 speed manual 2010 GT I saw today was around $34,000 (premium with 3.73 rear axle package, security package, comfort package and 19" bright machined alum. wheels). Certainly not cheap, but the base price of a premium is $30,995, so it isn't unexpected.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I don't need all those extra options, just the premium package with maybe the 3.55 gears. I was just looking at the paper and I guess that 09 is actually 26.5k now with the dealer discount. I wonder if I should go see if I can get a test drive as I have'nt driven one since the 95 I had? I really wanted a 2010 though with all the improvements, plus I did'nt want another silver car as I've had one for 5 years now. It is fairly easy to keep clean though. I don't really like the fake hood scoop either, but I wonder if there is a way to make a ram air out of it? I'm sure if you add a cold air kit to the motor it should be very close to the 315 in the new stang too.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Hey guys, I just saw my first mustang in person at a local dealership. Looks even better than pics and I love the optional 18" wheels. The one they had was a V6 and stickered at 28k (ouch), way too much if you ask me (maybe if it had a better engine like the 3.5). Anyway it was loaded with the pony package, dark red with white stripe, leather, auto, ect. I don't know how they came up with that MSRP as the standard price was 24k with 3k in options, so there is an extra 1k in there somewhere. It did have a code that said "MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU", not sure what that means. Now if I could get a GT for around that price without the stripes and auto I'd take it, but for a premium even with a-plan pricing that might be a tall order. btw, they also have a sharp 09 silver GT premium with 3.55, hood scoop, glass roof, chrome wheels and GT appearance package on sale for 29k, but I like the 2010's much better.
A Mustang isn't a Mustang without a V8. I don't mean to **** in anyone's Cornflakes but don't bother with the 4.0 with the single peashooter exhaust. The car is a luxurious dog. Save your $$ and get a GT, you'll thank yourself later. If I couldn't afford a GT I'd get a used GSR or Type-R. At least then you're getting something with potential, not some geriatric low revving mule that appeals to the rental masses...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

I have no intention of getting a V6 mustang. I was just commenting on how it looked as it was the first 2010 I have seen in person. If it had a better 6 in it (like maybe the 3.5L) maybe I would consider it. To be honest, the camaro V6 2LT tops my list, with the mustang GT close behind, and the genesis coupe V6 in the mix as well. True the camaro is the slowest (but not by very much) and rumors that the DI engine responds to mods well .It also ooks the best out of the three IMO and gets the best mileage. if I could get the mustang around the same price as the other two, I would most likely get it, but it looks like even with a-plan it will be a little more and it still has the old 5 speed.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
I have no intention of getting a V6 mustang. I was just commenting on how it looked as it was the first 2010 I have seen in person. If it had a better 6 in it (like maybe the 3.5L) maybe I would consider it. To be honest, the camaro V6 2LT tops my list, with the mustang GT close behind, and the genesis coupe V6 in the mix as well. True the camaro is the slowest (but not by very much) and rumors that the DI engine responds to mods well .It also ooks the best out of the three IMO and gets the best mileage. if I could get the mustang around the same price as the other two, I would most likely get it, but it looks like even with a-plan it will be a little more and it still has the old 5 speed.
I'd sit if I were you...you're all over the map as far as what you want. It's a lot of money, make sure you buy what you want...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

The V6 Camaro is almost a full second behind the Mustang in terms of drag racing... that's a big difference
Old 05-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gburke1
The V6 Camaro is almost a full second behind the Mustang in terms of drag racing... that's a big difference
You may have THE fastest S197 GT on these forums considering your mods...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gburke1
your comparing the v-6 to the v-8 though. Its pretty much hopeless to get a camaro right now. Also gm's dealers are little bitches about them and charging over MSRP. I have yet to go to a ford dealer that has charged over msrp even for the new mustang.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:45 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
your comparing the v-6 to the v-8 though. Its pretty much hopeless to get a camaro right now. Also gm's dealers are little bitches about them and charging over MSRP. I have yet to go to a ford dealer that has charged over msrp even for the new mustang.
The Chevy dealer near me has one yellow V6 Camaro and it is in the showroom....going for a few thousand over sticker. For now, I expect the Camaro to be hard to get and definitely hard to get below sticker.

Quick Reply: nice but pricey