Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic of my new GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 06:29 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Pic of my new GT

Sorry I still like working with film but I do have this pic of my GT when I picked her up at the dealer last thursday. This one is a poor quality digital pic taken with a really cheap camera. I'll post some better ones later once I have them developed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13562/E56A7297CDC349D491C60CF973B1099B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pic of my new GT

Congrats on your beautiful car dude!!!!!!!!!!! Now keep it in one piece.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:35 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 281GT

Sorry I still like working with film but I do have this pic of my GT when I picked her up at the dealer last thursday. This one is a poor quality digital pic taken with a really cheap camera. I'll post some better ones later once I have them developed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13562/E56A7297CDC349D491C60CF973B1099B.jpg[/IMG]
And the best part... is the SOLD sign!! haha
Old 06-25-2005, 08:53 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Congrats.. The sonic blue and the stock rims is a really nice combo Good luck!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:31 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I really wanted the standard GT rims. I like them a lot. I also kept the sold sign as well as the factory window sticker. The sold sign had my name on it and I figured it along with the factory window sticker would be cool things to have in a few years. Now all I gotta do is protect the car from the idiots. Fortunately I have a beater for every day use. The Stang is not and never will be a dailty driver. It's just to nice for that.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:56 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

You have more will power than me, man!! I'd go nuts if I didn't drive it everyday. And drive the crap out of it at the track as often as I can! hehe [8D]

Oh hell, it's starting to sink in now... I'm going to hate the vacation I'm taking next week... no Mustang for a week... aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. [:@]
Old 06-25-2005, 09:59 PM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

congrats; got mine a couple of days ago and still cant stay out of it; also cant get the mpg above 8.7; guess i will have to go on the interstate for a 200 trip in fifth gear to get the mileage up; enjoy your ride/.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT
Fortunately I have a beater for every day use. The Stang is not and never will be a dailty driver. It's just to nice for that.
I have a completely different mind set. I consider it too much money and too awesome to NOT drive it most of the time. I've got a beater I'll drive when it's nasty or if I KNOW I'll be going somewhere where there's a good chance of a ding - Mall, Wal-Mart, doctor, etc.. But I bought it to enjoy it! Had 104K on the '94 GT when it was totaled. I drove it everywhere except snow. I tried that once - it did NOT like snow (we don't have "snow plows" in Alabama.

My best friend owns a Jag XK8 vert (VERY nice, very expensive ride!) but he's like me - he bought it to drive it and enjoy it - not to just look at it in the garage. It's his daily driver (except in nasty weather). Drive it. Enjoy it. It doesn't do you any good sitting at the house!

Granted, my opinion and $2 might get you decent coffee....
Old 06-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Nothing wrong with that pic, 281!
Nice to see the dealer had the smarts to put in a SOLD sign. Even at Galpin Ford, one of the biggest dealerships in the USA, salesmen would try to test drive cars that were being sold! I hope you didn't have too many miles upon delivery. I wonder if all those out there who are doing an order expect their cars to have low miles upon delivery? People want to drive the GT, even if they have no intention of paying almost $30K for one!
Old 06-26-2005, 04:54 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

My dealer was very good from start to finish. Each time he gave me an update I was able to verify it by callling Ford. The car even arrived about 2 weeks earlier than he told me back when I placed the order. She had exactly 6.2 kilometers (3.9 miles) when I picked her up and the "Sold" sign was placed in the mirror right after it came off the truck so I'm absolutely certain she hasn't been messed with. The dealer also did not put his dealer sticker on just as I had requested. He also managed to remove the window sticker, intact. I figured the best I would do there was to get them to leave it on and I would have to salvage it, but the dealer did it for me. So I'm very happy with this dealer. BTW, this car is ADDICTIVE!!! I've driven it every chance I've had since I got it!

Quick Reply: Pic of my new GT