Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Special Rear Bumper - Part #?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

Well am I ever glad I decided to do a Google search on this bumper! I was just rear ended and hit and run to make it worse. I LIKE the CS bumper and seeing as I'll be paying alot because I have painted stripes and the insurance isn't EVEN going to consider that I'm sure, then maybe I'll get this-lloks so much better than stock, imo. VERY helpful!

But they all say bumper cover?? This is a real bumper right? LOL I'll call the dealers and get some pricing - AWESOME. How funny the kit is cheaper. Looking forward to the pics

Old 10-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangshar
Well am I ever glad I decided to do a Google search on this bumper! I was just rear ended and hit and run to make it worse. I LIKE the CS bumper and seeing as I'll be paying alot because I have painted stripes and the insurance isn't EVEN going to consider that I'm sure, then maybe I'll get this-lloks so much better than stock, imo. VERY helpful!

But they all say bumper cover?? This is a real bumper right? LOL I'll call the dealers and get some pricing - AWESOME. How funny the kit is cheaper. Looking forward to the pics

Yes, Bumper cover is the real thing. You cant go wrong with the CS rear. Plus $350 shipped isnt bad for a brand new better looking one. Also if you call a dealer and they dont seem to know what you mean about the kit, insist the look it up. I had to talk to the same dealership itleast three times before they realized the kit was the same bumper with more parts. It seems even ford doesnt know of their parts very well.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

That sucks Shar, sorry to hear. No chance to chase the bastard down for a plate #?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Yes, Bumper cover is the real thing. You cant go wrong with the CS rear. Plus $350 shipped isnt bad for a brand new better looking one. Also if you call a dealer and they dont seem to know what you mean about the kit, insist the look it up. I had to talk to the same dealership itleast three times before they realized the kit was the same bumper with more parts. It seems even ford doesnt know of their parts very well.
I'll make SURE they get me the right one-you all were a HUGE help!!!!! Yes, my estimate for the bumper is $715.00 BUT still waiting on the convertible top-it rattles after impact....and the body estimater had no clue

Originally Posted by Stoenr
That sucks Shar, sorry to hear. No chance to chase the bastard down for a plate #?
Yeah it really does suck. I'm actually depressed over it. Just kinda sucked the life right outta me. I guess, when you spend this much time on a car..and I mean I sunk $5000 in parts/paint/rims...and then for this ...horrible sob to do this. idn just bummed.
Totally fed up

Thanks everyone...really appreciate it and of course, if I decide to do it before I put her in storage, I'll post up the new mod...
Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
OH...and btw I really like what you've done...nice looking ride!! Very!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Thanks.
Sounds like things are coming together, just to bad its that time of the year for us to put em away. Was a top down day yesterday thats for sure!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

What Prices are you guys paying to have Bumpers Painted ? ? ? ?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

I got mine at a lincoln mercury body shop
I was in a slight accedent a few years back (other person's fault)
the rear bumper had to be replaced so I paid the differance between the refurb that their insurance would pay and the new CS bumper

the insurance was paying for the paint anyway

the CS bumper came already with the black part masked off and ready for body work