Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad to say it but I got rid of the Mustang

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default Sad to say it but I got rid of the Mustang

Yes after owning it for 2 years and doing some light performance mods and adding a Cervini cowl induction hood just over this past winter I decided to trade her in for an 09 Ford F150 FX4.
This was a hard decision to make but one that had to be done none the less. I couldn't stand having a car parked in the winter and putting more miles on my wife's 2007 Ford Edge.
I will miss her but I now have a more practical vehicle to drive all year round and not have to worry if it's going to snow or rain and flood the roads around here (car was lowered) anymore or have to worry every time I see a cop on my rear end (2 many occasions) wondering what I'm going to get pulled over for this time.

The new truck is awesome, I got the Razor Red Supercab loaded up with the Luxery package, Black leather interior with Stone leather Captains chairs, power moonroof, power sliding rear window, Ford Sync (bad ***), Sony 6 disk 700 watt sound system with subwoofer, Back up camera and many I'm sure I'm missing. I plan on doing some mods to this thing also like wheels, tires (large), lift and exhaust but for now it will remain stock until they come out with aftermarket products.

So I will have to say so long and I will be residing at the F150forums under the same name.

Ps. anyone interested in any factory parts. I have the factory hood scoop and Factory Gt rear spoiler (Vista Blue), front grill, original shocks, struts and springs, pulleys and mufflers. shoot me a pm, I will still be lurking this forum for a while.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

see ya around Tormentor, i understand
how it goes.....for some, the stang is one
of those things that you have to get out of
your system at some point. after the fun
runs it's course, it's time to move on.

i love the fx4's and tried to get one for a work
vehicle but settled for a tundra.

post some pics if you can
Old 05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I would have just moved! I hate big trucks. I was actually hoping high gas prices would have extinct them and SUV's. If I only had a nickle for everytime some dumb**** in a big truck thought he was fast! LOL!

Enjoy your new truck, but please don't try to race any mustangs at the stop lights.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Here you go moose, you should love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxv2hOlFav4

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Here you go moose, you should love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxv2hOlFav4

LMAO! wow
Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I would have just moved! I hate big trucks. I was actually hoping high gas prices would have extinct them and SUV's. If I only had a nickle for everytime some dumb**** in a big truck thought he was fast! LOL!

Enjoy your new truck, but please don't try to race any mustangs at the stop lights.
I cant move since I work for Ford, besides I kind of like the midwest, you get to experience all 4 seasons.

As far as racing any Mustangs.... Well I will have to say see ya whenever it's raining or snowing out when one is sitting next to me...LOL.....I might not be fast but I wont be sitting there spinning my tires in the rain or throttling the pedal just to get traction in the snow, You gotta love that!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats on the new truck
Old 05-26-2009, 07:18 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tormentor
I cant move since I work for Ford, besides I kind of like the midwest, you get to experience all 4 seasons.

As far as racing any Mustangs.... Well I will have to say see ya whenever it's raining or snowing out when one is sitting next to me...LOL.....I might not be fast but I wont be sitting there spinning my tires in the rain or throttling the pedal just to get traction in the snow, You gotta love that!
Congrats on doing whatever makes you happy!

As far as 4 seasons go....I lived in Chicago for 10 years and I do not miss it one bit. If I want to see snow I taking a vacation to go skiing.

Plus...no salt on the roads in the winter!

I could go the rest of my life not ever having to wear a scarf, heavy jacket, and shovel snow ever again.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the new truck. Now get some 23" Saleen S331 rims and black them out.

Check this site out: http://www.f150online.com/forums/whe...ml#post3678190

Here is mine. Got this for the wife and kids.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
russje
2nd Gear Member

At least you stuck with a Ford. I've gone the other direction, I've got an '87 F150 with 267,000 miles on it and running strong. I was finally able to get a new mustang in 2008, but I still love driving my 87 pickup, something about a bench seat and a cassette player is just so warmly retro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sad to say it but I got rid of the Mustang