Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does making a regular GT look like a roush make you a "poser"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
S281Sinister
Banned

is not posing as long as you are not claiming to have a roush.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281Sinister
is not posing as long as you are not claiming to have a roush.
Sums this all up pretty well.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:39 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
So your gonna put Prius badges on your Mustang right??
I was thinking Type R actually, with 16V on the fenders.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by pascal
I was thinking Type R actually, with 16V on the fenders.
That would work!! Civic Si badges!!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:31 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
So your gonna put Prius badges on your Mustang right??
sure if I find some nice ones that I like or better yet buy me a prius and ill jus put cobra emblems on it.....

this thread is lame lol the op should feel shame for asking this in the first place, feel shame op feel shame.......
Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

its called cloning
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Lol, the worst I've seen was a Honda badge put on a Mustang to label it as a Honda. That was a disgrace!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:23 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Cassie01GT
Keep in mind I like the look, other than the wheels LOL

And in no way am I bashing on you.

I just dont see why people do it.

Maybe you and yellow can explain why you put cobra emblems on? Regardless if you have the power to back it up or not that doesn't give someone the privlege to put the emblems on.

Now if your reason is because you like the way the cobra, gt500 emblems make your car look. Ok I get that, but if you are doing it saying you dont care what someone else thinks I don't know if thats 100% true from most people.
Most do it so people that don't know any better THINK its a GT500 or some variation of one.
1. Many do it for there own personal reasons.....if you would like to know just PM them.... (or myself). 2. all they have to do is ask....like many many others have in the past
Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
privilege to put the emblems on our cars?...LOL!! it shouldn't matter whether someone can back it up or not, the point here is everyone has their own opinion about their own car, whether it's putting a GT front/rear bumper on a V6, GT500 front/rear bumper on a GT, GT500 rear spoiler on a GT (or V6) or Cobra badges in place of GT's......sorry Cassie, but this is definitely turning into a ridiculous discussion..
I agree and it will be locked in a few seconds....not tech and a mute debate over nothing
Originally Posted by Bmr4life
I wouldn't lump bumpers and spoilers in the same category as badges. Badges are like names. Specific identifiers of what they are attached to.
Yes they are but they all can be bought and Roush, Shelby, Saleen, etc all sell any part or badge you want.....bottom line its about making money and cloning or tribute's IMO are the greatest form of flattery to the people that make and sell the parts we put on our cars.
Originally Posted by Cassie01GT
Privlege might've been the wrong word to use. But in no way is putting a bumper on the same as putting a GT500 badge on. You can put all the GT500 parts you want on your car but once you start plastering GT500 emblems or a snake on a GT, that’s like false advertisment LOL.
Who are we advertising for....see where this is going.....no where
Originally Posted by S197winstang
on a serious note-- there is nothing wrong with putting Shelby or Roush parts on a modded stang. I like the front bumper and the real wing not because I want it to be a roush but because i think it looks better than the stock. simple. the s197 is the miost modded car out there and its because people who buy them like the hobby. So screw anyone who takes issue with it. If, however you try and pass your car off as somthing it is not them your not a poser-- you are just a loooooooser.
I agree that your a poser and a LOSER! But none of the members that are in this thread have ever tried to pass it off to someone else as something it is not.... I know all these guys....TJ, Joe, Barry, etc and they all could care less what others think......many of them have amazing GT's and it is a great conversation piece. When I am asked if it is a GT500..... I explain that it is a GT and why I choose the options/badges I have and they can take it or leave it ...besides its not the person asking that owns the car and they can like it or not....beauty of this great nation.....to each his own
Originally Posted by pascal
I say we're getting close to lock time...
your right...next time guys send me a link to threads like this and the turbo vs. Sc and the V6 vs the V8 crap....thanks everyone!!!!
Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
lol @ the few morons in this thread.

Let me sum up POSER IMO.

a real poser is somebody who cares what other people think and make there choices on what others say. do you man and only you.......

and for the douche bags who are all upset cause somebody put something on there car get a fckn life already. jesus christ the lack of brains sures comes out sometimes " oh you better be able to back up that badge with power" says who and why? now people have to proove themselfs when they get in there cars...

put a cobra emblem on your prius for all I fckn care.

people need to grow the fck up and worry about themselfs and not dumb bs like badges on other peoples cars.

The guys who have them on there converted cars I would just say that people who comment are just jelous cause your car more then likely clowns theres and knowbody looks or gives a **** about theres so they are just hating....

anybody who has any negative **** to say about what somebody did to there car is just a hater in general.
TOMB......you crack me up and your definition is one of many that I agree with....nice to read the F-bomb this and f-bomb that I could feel your emotion thru the computer....

On this note....

thread is locked and anyone that has any comments, questions, or concerns can PM me if they want to continue to debate/argue a mute point.

If another thread is made in response to this one after knowing this was locked you will be banned.......

Thanks everyone and enjoy the forum and dont take life and what others think of you too seriously.....signed a "rebadged" 06 Mustang GT -see sig and albums for pics

Jason -Site Moderator for Mustangforums.com AKA "MYGT500"