Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap internals from GT/CS to my V6, or swap my externals to the GT/CS?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Default Swap internals from GT/CS to my V6, or swap my externals to the GT/CS?

k guys, hers the deal, my freind has a GT/CS and he said in about a year he was gunna give it to his little sister, but i say F that, i want it, so il prob buy it off of him, so my question is this...

Would it be cheaper to pay for the engine swap and all the drivetrain from his GT/CS to my V6? or would it be cheaper to take off all my bodyparts and have them all repainted and the whole car repainted (its white) i like Redfire. and i dont want mismatched colors... so whats cheaper?

swapping his internals to mine? or swapping my externals to his?

i know i know... i was one of those peolple who used to say "NO!!! ITS A GT/CS! DONT DO A THING TO IT!!!"... but hes already screwed with it...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

I think it would be smarter just to repaint the GT/CS...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahddm
I think it would be smarter just to repaint the GT/CS...
+alot, but thats still a lot of cash it doesn't sound like you need to spend. If its not even really a CS anymore like you say, and you're going to put on your exterior stuff anyway, why not just buy a GT thats already redfire?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

i have to agree with staggolee, that it would just be easier to find a redfire GT and swap you parts over to it, instead of buying the GT/CS and then having to have the whole car repainted.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

well, hes my best freind of 15 years, and he really doesnt know the value of it luckily (spoiled rich kid whos had everything handed to him and has not had a job in his life), he would prob give it to me for like 2 thousand... honestly, so the extra i would have left over instead of buyin a gt could go to painting... cause if i could find a redfire gt for 17 but my freind sold his to me for lets say even 5k max, id still have about 12k to repaint basically... but ya, i told him that if he wanted to mod it he should buy a reg gt, if he wants something that has extra value but you cannot mod then buy the CS... but he spent the extra thousands for the CS and moded it anyways... so i wouldnt say its a CS anymore, he didnt mod it anywere to were i have, but he has stuck some goofy little **** things on there...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

lol c'mon man you have to ask this question if he is going to sell it to you for 2-5k.....

Im one of those peeps who believes it when he sees it and IMO if he was going to sell it to you for 5k you wouldnt even ask this question....its a no brainer.

nothing personal bro just just seems alot far fetched and you could paint the car twice for 12k....
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

My weekday job is doing estimate work and customer service for a body shop, so here are some numbers.

Buying a GT/CS: 16k
Swapping engine: 3.5k
Selling v6 GT/CS: 11k

Total: 8.5k (prices scales with mileage and year)

buying GT take-off engine, transmission, computer, & wiring: 5k
Swapping Engine: 3.5k
selling v6 engine and manual transmission: $500 (note this is accurate: v6 engine is basically worthless)

Total: 8k (prices fixed)

Buying a GT/CS: 16k
Swapping mods: $500
Repainting roof doors quarters engine bay etc: 10k
Repainting hood front bumper etc: 2.5k
Selling Old Redfire v6: 10k

Total: 19k (prices scale with mileage and year)

Selling old Redfire v6: 10k
Buying a Redfire GT without the typical personal relationship hookup: 17k
Transferring Mods: $500

Total: 7.5k (prices scale with mileage and year)

Actually it sounds like you're completely delusional about how much you're going to get the car sold to you for but for your sake I hope you're right and it turns out well brother.

Last edited by Legion5; 06-01-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

no, im full serious hed prob give it to me for like 5k, hes just given me a 2K surfboard for free, and like 3k worth of electronics stuff because he got new stuff, and he gave me a new leptop that was like 3 months old becaue his dad bought him a new one... hes given me alot of ****, which i usually inturn throw them in my closet or garage because i dont take hndouts, i work for my stuff... so wel c what happens...
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Get the CS and dont even think about the internal swap. Besides you dont have much on the outside to worry about it being a big job.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:23 PM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

ill pm u my address and u can send all the stuff he gives u to me :-D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swap internals from GT/CS to my V6, or swap my externals to the GT/CS?