Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L Manifold Done Yet

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 AM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

Here's the article about it in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords.

Says it's good for 15-17 whp on a stock GT.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OhioState87
Here's the article about it in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords.

Says it's good for 15-17 whp on a stock GT.
That's a load of crap. The person who installed my gears had a person from Bama fixing some tuning issues on a car the week before I went there and the guy from Bama said it was junk.

Edit: Maybe they got good gains in their testing, but it seems that these gains are unrealistic.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Seems like it would be great for a centrifugal SC or turbo setup that feeds into a throttle body of some type....I wouldn't expect much for an NA car.
Based on what?

Seems the stock manifold does that just as well.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zkiller
Based on what?

Seems the stock manifold does that just as well.
The increased flow of the manifold runners would nicely support the increase air volume.

More Air + More Fuel=more power

The test showed huge gains on turbo setups.

Last edited by thedrod; 06-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

As many others have said in other forums (including modaddict) C&L needs to just forget about N/A with this thing and concentrate on FI applications where a new manifold makes sense. Of course I guess they would make more money if it looks somewhat attractive to N/A guys as well even if it's a waste of their time.

Now if the stock one sucked like they did in the past, then a new manifold for N/A would fine. But that's not the case so it makes no sense to use this N/A.

It would also make more sense if this engine had BIG cubes.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
It would also make more sense if this engine had BIG cubes.
I strongly agree with you....either big cubes or if it ran to 8000+rpm.

I am not an engineer but it seems that the charge motion plates would actually work well with this manifold....

increase air velocity for torque at low speeds and then open for massive airflow....

Thats just my "in-my-head-hypothesis."
Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by rdsx18
That's a load of crap. The person who installed my gears had a person from Bama fixing some tuning issues on a car the week before I went there and the guy from Bama said it was junk.

Edit: Maybe they got good gains in their testing, but it seems that these gains are unrealistic.
Which guy from Bama said it was "Junk"? I'm curious because from what I know of bama (Doug) and have communicated with him about in the past, he would not carry something he does not see as being worthwhile (i.e. 07-08 bullitt intake doesn't pass his testing).

Not to mention why would he bother working with C&L if it were junk?

I'm also curious...instead of a bunch of people talking about "I know this guy who talked to this guy about this and they said blah blah blah", Anyone bother to talking to shops like BAMA that actually have it listed on their site and do testing with it to see their REAL opinion.

P.S. Please post the response from them when you get it or STFU.

P.P.S I get pretty tired of seeing threads that perpetuate information without any real proof. I don't have any interset in the Intake so I'm keeping my OPINION to myself.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

You guys are harsh. To my knowledge, the final production version has not shipped yet, or has just started shipping within the last few days. I seriously doubt that there are any independant dyno's out there yet on the final production version. Granted, I'm skeptical about MM&FF results with this manifold on a bone stock engine, but this looks to me like it has the potential to be a great mod in conjuntion with with a CAI, cams, and full exhaust on a N/A car. Even better gains with F/I. Who knows, maybe someone that's been Thumpered or Hot Rodded is going to come back with some seriously big numbers. Like Derf00, I'll reserve judgement until I see something quantifiable from a source other than a magazine...."I heard from a guy who has a second cousin who's roomate has an uncle with a friend who's tried it"....just doesn't cut it for me.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Which guy from Bama said it was "Junk"? I'm curious because from what I know of bama (Doug) and have communicated with him about in the past, he would not carry something he does not see as being worthwhile (i.e. 07-08 bullitt intake doesn't pass his testing).

Not to mention why would he bother working with C&L if it were junk?

I'm also curious...instead of a bunch of people talking about "I know this guy who talked to this guy about this and they said blah blah blah", Anyone bother to talking to shops like BAMA that actually have it listed on their site and do testing with it to see their REAL opinion.

P.S. Please post the response from them when you get it or STFU.

P.P.S I get pretty tired of seeing threads that perpetuate information without any real proof. I don't have any interset in the Intake so I'm keeping my OPINION to myself.
I want to say the shop owner said the guys name was Justin, and no need to get all pissy. I didn't say I had first hand experience with it, it is through a chain of people so take it for what it is worth, which is basically nothing.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

For what it is worth, I have actually talked to C&L and discussed this manifold for my application. They are NOT in production yet , but rather the 2nd or by now the 3rd stage of pre-production and testing. They are looking at various different factors, such as runner length, plenum volume, etc. and will base their decisions off of the results. As of about 3 weeks ago, which is when I spoke with them, no decisions had been made as to the configuration or different types of options that would be offered based on application. Again, this information is now almost a month old, so things may have changed. I would suggest that everyone wait to see what the final production options bring before making any final judgments. It seems that the marketing and engineering arms at C&L got their wires crossed on this one, hence a lot of the confusion.

Hope this helps to alleviate a lot of the useless speculation.

Matty