Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Fuel tank whoas.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 AM
Crash250

Default More Fuel tank whoas.

So I set up an appointment finally to have my tank replaced. The day before I am supposed to take my car into the shop, my fuel gauge starts acting up. Dropping from full to empty and back to full while driving down the street. After about 2 hours of this, the engine light comes on. I took it in a day early and dropped it off, this is what I get told.

Apparently there is too much sulfur in the fuel today, causing fouling of fuel level sending units. There is no fix for this. Fords recomendation to me. Fuel with only Chevron super unleaded and add a bottle of techron at every fill up. I am sick of this.

I buy a brand new car that I can't fill with gas in under an hour. It looks like it was painted by a 12 year old with a can of krylon. The "Tremec" 5 speed is sloppy, unresponsive, and noisier than hell. Now I have a non functional fuel gauge and a constant check engine light. And the only thing ford says they can do anything about is how long it takes to fill up. With all these power claims on "Regular unleaded" now ford tells me I have to purchase premium gas AND ad an additive? Give me a flipping break!

I love my mustang. It is a great car. I love the way it looks (from a distance so you can't see all the flaws in the paint) I love the way it drives, I trully enjoy having it in my driveway. And I know ford can do it right. My 04 powerstroke is flawless. With all that said, my 05 mustang is a pile of ****. I don't know what to do wtih it. I love it, yet at the same time I would be better of with a focus in my driveway. What the hell happend to ford in 05? My buddys 05 powerstroke has many of the same problems my stang has....mainly the paint.

Anybody else as fed up as I?

wi
Old 06-27-2005, 05:01 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: More Fuel tank whoas.

Sounds like a classic "friday" car...

I would demand a new vehicle...
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
raddroxx
1st Gear Member

Had the same problem. At first Ford said it was the fuel. Using Exxon gas. Come to find out problem is in the inline fuel pump. I was having the same problem u r having. After replacing the one in the tank, 'cause they dealership had no idea that there was a second fuel pump, inline, the problem occured again. Ford came out with a TSB and said the problem is with the inline fuel pump. After a week of waiting for the part it was replaced and since then no more problems. Still buying gas from Exxon.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

MINE is a Thursday Car (Build May 26th)

I am SO LUCKY!

So far, no gastank problems - - fillted it up last night ($30 Ouch!), with the nozzle in "Normal" position and wide open. No premature clicks.

2 fuel pumps? I didn't know about that.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard
MINE is a Thursday Car (Build May 26th)
Mine was blended on the 23rd (Thursday) and Chatty said locked for the 30th and that's ... drum roll "Thursday!".
I sure hope that it happens before Friday... (I've noticed on the VIN checks that most often it's produced 7 days after
blend.)
Old 06-27-2005, 12:33 PM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

i dont know if this fuel issue will ever go away; my gt conv was built on june 8 and i picked it up on the 22nd; it had a full tank of gas; the first time i filled up no problems; yesterday i go to a local quick trip and could not put gas in; left and went to another location and filled with no problem; are they gonna get this fixed or what? we need to keep monitoring this on newly built cars -- i thought that this was a dead issue: NOT
Old 06-27-2005, 03:40 PM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

just bumping this up to see if any of the newly produced mustangs are having any issues as well; hopefully not for your sake.
ORIGINAL: vicmeldrew

i dont know if this fuel issue will ever go away; my gt conv was built on june 8 and i picked it up on the 22nd; it had a full tank of gas; the first time i filled up no problems; yesterday i go to a local quick trip and could not put gas in; left and went to another location and filled with no problem; are they gonna get this fixed or what? we need to keep monitoring this on newly built cars -- i thought that this was a dead issue: NOT
Old 06-27-2005, 03:43 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

I've filled up at 3 different stations, and the dealer gas'd her up for me before I left at a different one as well. I could just be lucky, but I've had no problems yet. Mine was a May '05 build.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Mine is an April car... and I have had absolutely no problems at all with the car (4000 miles so far). Hell, even my CD player works pretty well (skips maybe once every week or two).

Keeping my fingers crossed... because I drive the hell outta this thing!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:47 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

No problems with the gas tank or filling issues, but there are some slight imperfections in the paint.. I have a May car.

Quick Reply: More Fuel tank whoas.