Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Filling up the wheel arches

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Filling up the wheel arches

ORIGINAL: MongrelMan

as for the tire... to each his own i suppose. I guess its pretty clear what my opinion is lol

But I've hardly ever heard anyone say that they want to show a lot of tire
Must hang around a different crowd than I do then... like you said, to each his own... I prefer drag racers and muscle cars. I've always thought low profile tires looked kinda silly. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

OK - I wanna fill up the wheel arches more, do I need to lower my car or buy bigger wheels, etc?
Let downforce take care of it. If you lower the car AND put low-profile 18s on it AND sink the money for a bump steer kit you'll still feel every crack in the roadway. Muscle car = taller sidewall, otherwise = Rice, the other, other white meat.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:53 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

I'm with Don W.
Short rubber looks ghetto to me.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:40 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

OK - I wanna fill up the wheel arches more, do I need to lower my car or buy bigger wheels, etc?

I am just putting in an order for new wheels - would buying 18's help to fill up more of the gap in the wheel arches or is that 'not how it works'!???

Get Eibach springs Pro-Line or Sport line I myself have the Sport line you can get 18" rims and fill them up just fine.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Just my opinion mind you - but lowering the car would SUCK big time - at least for me. Ford got the hight just right - I can pull up next to any curb and the spoiler just clears it - have never bumped it in 3500mi and I pull up until my tires touch.

You folks that have lowered your cars - no way you can do that. You'd be bumping every curb in sight.

I like the hight, I like the ride, I like the bullits, and I like the spinners

Earl
Old 06-28-2005, 04:47 AM
longhornmustang

Now can you get the same effect and make it look good by keeping 17", getting lower profile tires and then lowering it? Or should the minimum wheel size be 18"?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:49 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: longhornmustang

Now can you get the same effect and make it look good by keeping 17", getting lower profile tires and then lowering it? Or should the minimum wheel size be 18"?
As long as you're willing to give up traction...
Old 06-28-2005, 05:19 AM
bobby2140

ok so is it worth getting the springs just to lower the car? Dont you get any kind of improved ride or abilities with the new springs? I'm thinking about getting the steeda or some other brand. I'm also getting 18" tires and would like to know for the best results of riding and turning what profile of tire would fit best with lowering it with new springs. I dont race and would like to maintain a good ride/turning ability. What size tire should i got with and what brand for the best ride with a new set of springs? Nitto? or what? Thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbmp

I'm with Don W.
Short rubber looks ghetto to me.
well.. more rubber looks cheap to me [8D]

case in point.... I saw a beautiful 05 at the gym parking lot. It was bone stock but still nice...then i noticed his tires, the rubber was turning brown.. more rubber, more brown and it just totally killed the look of an otherwise beautiful car

but as Don said... its probably because we hang with a different type. I dunno, from an aesthetic standpoint perhaps its a "mustang crowd" thing to think alot of tire looks good... and if thats the case... fine; thats not the case with the imports though... its amazing how different the people are from car board to car board. I like it... shows me a different spin on things

I'll admit, as a car enthusiast I always respected the mustang for what it can do ( as well as a few other cars.. i.e vette) but it was never really my cup of tea. I was more attracted to what the imports had to offer. I came here, initially because of my attraction to the 05... so this whole "mustang world" is still somewhat new to me....

so bear with me
Old 06-30-2005, 02:27 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Well said, Mongrelman... the last thing I want my Mustang to look like is an import.

Quick Reply: Filling up the wheel arches