Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 12:35 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

How much is my car worth?? should I sell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Mardav

Question How much is my car worth?? should I sell?

So here's the deal. I took my car in today to get it's first set of replacement tires (555 Nittos) and the manager at the tire store asks me if I want to sell my car. I tell him everything is for sale at the right price and leave the car for the tires and alignment. When I come back to pick it up, he shows me a preapproval letter from his credit union for $19,500 and says he will give me $3,500 in cash for my car plus the credit union proceeds. So now I am thinking about it, however I really love my car and planned on keeping it...but I do have other cars so???

Here's what I have: 2007 Black Mustang GT convertible California Special (two tone interior, polished 18" wheels, etc.) Black Canvass (not vinyl) top,Dealer installed Roush Supercharger w/ small pulley upgrade (425 hp dyno'd), Eibach sway bars, Solid rear lower arms, JL subwoofer and speakers with 1400 watt amps installed by Audio Excellence in Orlando and 26,000 miles. I am an adult and car nut so the car has never been raced and literally looks like it did when it came out of the showroom.

Is the car worth $23k, or more, or less?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ask for 25, but I would take it. Dont just settle immediately for what he offers. Paint a perfect picture and ask for the 1500 more.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The question is... since you like your car...
what would you replace it with for 25k and would you like it as much?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Im sure he's got something in his mind. If he didnt, then he would have told the guy, its not for sale. I also think he was expecting more or he wouldnt be thinking so hard about it. Ask yourself this, if he offered 30, would you stop to think or would you have jumped on the deal? Give another year to the fact and you probably will lose the 5k difference, besides how hard would it be to find someone to take your car for 25k today, other than th obvious guy?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

I don't get the impression that he wants to sell his car.

If he WAS trying, then yeah - $23k sounds allright. But if it's just a "here's an offer I got" type of situation, then HELL no. Keep your car!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Just read the original post again and he even has a SUPERCHARGER on the thing. Definitely don't take $23k.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

A supercharger and NEVER been raced? Say it AINT so!
Say you at least went to the track!

Oh yeah... Keep the car.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Mardav

Thanks for the responses guys, here's what I am trying to say. I truly don't know what the car is worth. If say it's worth $18k, then I would take the $23k (try to keep the sound system though) and figure I am ahead. If the car is worth the $23k (or more?) then I will probably pass and enjoy it, since it is no windfall for me and I do love driving this car. I have a brand C black coupe that I alternate with so daily transportation is not the issue. Does that make better sense?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Mardav

Uh, well...ok "iluvmycar" you busted me. I ran the car one time after I upgraded the supercharger just to see what would happen (high 12's with a crappy driver (me) and poor 60' time) but just once, I swear....
Old 06-03-2009, 04:56 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Try kbb. Then add $2-3k to your car for the blower?

I have an '08 GT Convertible. From a private party (if I so wanted), I could sell it for about $23k. I wouldn't though, because my car is worth WAAAAY more than $23k to me.

Quick Reply: How much is my car worth?? should I sell?