Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at M-80 or Steeda with an O/R H, does any one run these

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Default Looking at M-80 or Steeda with an O/R H, does any one run these

Im know there are a few guys one here who have the M-80 MM setup and seem to like them. I just popped on an O/R H and it has the "presence" that i want. The nice rumble i want untill i hit about 2500 rpms. That thing could be the lead player in the school band the amount it trumpets with the boomtubes haha once i get on it. I knew going in to it it was gonna be loud which it is, but not the tone i want.

I want to keep the O/R H and ditch the boomtubes. I know i want a canister type muffler like. I was looking in the sound clip thread and it said the steeda sounds awesome with O/R H. I couldnt find many clips with that set up. Does any one on here run that, or have herd that before?

Also I was looking in to the MM set up. I saw i can get the M-80s for about 100 for both. I was thinking about putting them in and keeping the boomtubes, so they act has a resonator almost to cut down on drone and trumpteting or if i should just buy the whole MM system.

Any ideas or input?

Also i got the Pypes O/R H, the quality was perfect. Everything lined up, no leaks. I was scared from seeing how many people had problems, but not me. It fit better the factory.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I am running the m-80 with slp LM but I have o/r x but you wil get the idea, you can not go wrong with the m-80's.

I am about to install my spotlines and if they mufflers scrape I will be going to the steedas aswell, and ya there is not many sound clips of that set up.

anyway go to my profile below and you wil see alot of diff vid with the m-80 driving , parked etc etc and they are all almost dead on, cam qaulity is good. hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ng&view=videos
Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

I was watching that clip, its one of the better ones to watch for your set up. it does sounds real nice. I wounder if there would be much of a differnce with the boomtubes over the LM in drone and trumpeting. It seems like yoy get a little at the top end, which may be more from the X pipe then anything else.

Im still searching for a steeda clip, although i do like the idea of having normal placed mufflers, in front of the axle.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:58 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

i have the MM setup with a hi flow catted X. I love it
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
I was watching that clip, its one of the better ones to watch for your set up. it does sounds real nice. I wounder if there would be much of a differnce with the boomtubes over the LM in drone and trumpeting. It seems like yoy get a little at the top end, which may be more from the X pipe then anything else.

Im still searching for a steeda clip, although i do like the idea of having normal placed mufflers, in front of the axle.
the LM are louder then the boom tubes so it may be a tad diff.

ya I hae had I think 6 or 7 diff combos and last thing I want to do is swap these out for a diff set up , but if it ends up scraping Im going to have to.

The steedas are basically the borlas but more agressive from my research. tad louder.