Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintainence at 50K

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:58 PM
egon
1st Gear Member

Default Maintainence at 50K

Hi all - any feedback here would be appreciated.

Friend of mine wants to buy a nice used GT. Found a clean '05 with ~49K miles but he is a little hesitant about maintenance that might be needed at this point. I told him that a lot of it depends on how it's already been treated and maintained, but we're both curious about what folks are having to fix/replace around this mileage. I wasn't able to help because I have an '06 with only 16K miles on it.

Cheers...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

wow, you drive like me (i have an 05 with 17k miles). anywho, i've been wondering about what maintenance could be needed at what intervals as well; i bought mine used and didn't get any owner's manuals
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 PM
egon
1st Gear Member

And we're more interested in the "major" things like brakes, clutch, shocks/struts, ball joints, etc. Trying to get a feel for how long this stuff typically lasts -- again, understanding that driving habits can change this...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeno
i bought mine used and didn't get any owner's manuals
Get thee to http://www.helminc.com

I think the "portfolio" includes not only the owner's guide, but also the scheduled maintenance and warranty information guides.

Can't help the OP--only 8k miles here.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
daragez
1st Gear Member

nice share!....thanks!...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

You're welcome!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by Art161

I think the "portfolio" includes not only the owner's guide, but also the scheduled maintenance and warranty information guides.

awesome, thanks

***wow, some of those are expensive
Old 06-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeno
***wow, some of those are expensive
If you register your car with Ford online, then I think you can print a lot of the material that is included in the portfolio for free. I don't think the workshop manual or wiring diagram manual is available free. Note--the wiring diagram material is NOT included in the workshop manual.

Personally, I like the material in convenient booklet form, rather than a whole lot of pages of regular letter size that I need to staple together. I ordered my portfolio a few years ago, and the booklets came in a zipper case, just the same as what came with the car. As I recall, the only items that came with the car that did not come from Helm were the cards that tell you what telephone number to call for road service. I keep the original material in the car, and the spare near my computer.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:25 PM
muster

Originally Posted by Art161

nice portfolio
Old 06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

idk about the GTs, but for my 05 V6, i'm at 66K - got new tires at 55K, change the oil every 3-5K, air filter once-a-year (blow it out at oil change) - checked my brakes while rotating tires at last oil change - still have quite a bit left on them!

i've had to replace the blower motor(clunk noise), battery (bad cell), driver's power seat motor---all under warranty. right now, the only things wrong are 1. vibration coming from dash somewhere 2. gauges don't work when it gets to be winter 3. shifter won't go all the way down into 1st I did purchase the extended warranty, so when it starts getting cold again, i'll be taking it in to get these items fixed. IMO, for the $1200 i spent on it, the heater box, seat, and battery totaled most of what i purchased it for, and depending what the next total comes up to, i'd say i came out way ahead

Quick Reply: Maintainence at 50K