Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOT A SINGLE MUSTANG IN ROME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Default NOT A SINGLE MUSTANG IN ROME!!!

Posting this from my hotel in Rome, Italy, and I have to be honest, the cars here leave MUCH to be desired....Fiats, Volkswagens, and most disgustingly...smart cars. Ewww. I've seen one ferrari so far, and it was like a 90's model, definitely not as cool as an S197. And on that note, I haven't seen a single stang in this COUNTRY so far. I SWEAR, if one of us imported our car into Italy, we'd turn pretty much every head here.

But to be fair, gas is about $10 a gallon here. A mustang would be pretty high maintenance, especially those of us with the GT's.

Despite the lack of Mustangs, I'm having a very good time, and I would recommend this city to anyone who hasn't been so far. Excellent food and cool museums. Make sure you speak italian though...

"Ciao."
Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
AshGT
1st Gear Member

I saw a lot of beemers and Mercedes in Rome and elsewhere in Italy, aside from the cars you mentioned, but yah, don't think I saw any mustangs at all. About the only 'American' vehicles I saw were Jeeps.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:22 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Surprised? I bet you won't see a Challenger either. Big European cities are known for "little cars. They're easy to park, cheap on fuel. Tell Chef Boyardi I said "hi".
Old 06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Are you able to find out where The Mustang Concept car by Fabrizio Giugiaro is located?? That would be cool to see in person. ;-)
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

that one should be located in the usa, so tough luck haha.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Being from an Italian family myself, and highly excited for my first trip to Italy. I must say that a mustang will probably be the last thing on my mind when I'm there. And no mustang is cooler than a ferrari, besides maybe the mondial. Sorry, Ferrari is light years better than any mustang...

But I hope your having a great time! Enjoy the culture and the sights of the most beautiful country in the world
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
Sorry, Ferrari is light years better than any mustang...
I hate to state the obvious but, you think the price tag has some to do with it?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I hate to state the obvious but, you think the price tag has some to do with it?
I hate to burst your bubble but I did have my Mustang in Italy, matter of fact I bought the car in Italy. It does help that I am in the Army so I can order cars and have them shipped to me in Italy. The Italians loved my car and the gas is no more expensive for the military folks than it is here in USA. If you go by Naples or Vicenza you will see a couple of Mustangs that are pretty tricked out.

But I am happy to be back in the states now.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I sell Mustangs in Europe, including Italy...
So I know they're there.
No bubble burst here...
Old 06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Dannyf8989
2nd Gear Member

+1 ill take just about any ferrari over any mustang. price isnt even the issue...

In my 3 weeks abroad the only mustang i saw was the vista blue gt right by the effile tower on my first day. Have fun and enjoy the NON-american cars.

haha and watch out for the guys on scooters, they like to ride on the sidewalks...

Quick Reply: NOT A SINGLE MUSTANG IN ROME!!!