MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Wanted to order a GT 500 -Any thoughts? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/543269-wanted-to-order-a-gt-500-any-thoughts.html)

Max Motoring 06-09-2009 12:56 AM

Wanted to order a GT 500 -Any thoughts?

Hey-

New to the forum, wanted to start a thread about buying a 2010 Shelby. I want to order one but don't know what's the best way to approach the dealers. Should I go around to multiple dealers and see what there order price would be? Looking for a strategy......

Best- Max

ironpeddler 06-09-2009 07:01 AM

I ordered mine last saturday, can't wait! I would go around to all the dealers and see what kind of price you can get. I wouldnt't expect anything less than invoice and consider yourself pretty lucky if you can even get invoice. I read that someone here or on another mustang forum got a '10GT500 for $1k over invoice. I wasn't so lucky i have mine at MSRP.

KonaShelby 06-30-2009 02:39 PM

Ordered my 2010 Shelby GT500 last week.

Hey,

I've been looking at the GT500 for about three years now. I held off initially for a few reasons. First, I was disappointed with the interior quality of the newer stangs. But I could have lived with that. The biggest issue I could not get past was the greedy, uncooperative Ford Dealers here in Hawaii. I offered MSRP to a sales manager for a 2008 in his showroom, he said no way, wanted thousands more. He later came down to MSRP plus $5K, (off his $15K over MSRP) but I refused. That car sat there for over 6 months before it sold, and I'll bet it went for MSRP or just under because his '09 had arrived. By this time, I had seen the 2010, and was sold on it. I actually got that same dealer down to $1K below MSRP on his 09 GT500, but when I went to see the car, it was sitting out, and it was filthy, with 70+ (probably very hard miles) on it. Forget that!

Seems the Dealers have wised up due to the economy. I found a Ford Dealer here willing to order a 2010 GT500 for me and sell it to me at MSRP. Perfect. I told him look, I'm tired of the dealer games, tired of the ADM (Additional dealer mark-up) so if you will order one the way I want it, and sell it to me at MSRP- with no games, you have a sale. They make over 4 grand on them at MSRP, so I'm sure he's happy to have my business. The 2010's are sooo nice now, they got rid of everything I objected to. And, I can do without the next one with the new aluminum block. I've waited long enough.

Perfect timing! He had three on order, none pre-sold, so he revised one of the existing (no vin yet) orders to my preference: Kona Blue, white lemans stripes, white seat stripes, with the only other option being the Shelby car cover. I don't like how the HID's changes to look, and I could care a less about a NAV system or high-horse shaker 1000. They are super nicely equipped anyway.

He has my deposit, Ford has confirmed the order (DOR) and I'm awaiting my VIN. Probably get built in a couple months, hope to have it around late September or so.

Good luck, don't pay over MSRP-

ironpeddler 06-30-2009 03:37 PM

2011 will have the aluminum block?? I was not aware of that. Besides losing weight do you think this will add any sort of significant power?

If so it might be worth waiting for the 2011.

.boB 06-30-2009 05:07 PM

I was talking to a couple of Shelby owners last Sunday at an all ford show. What they told me didn't impress me. Wheel hop is terrible. It needs to be lowered. All the Shelby trim pieces have fallen off and needed to be reglued. Quality control is not what it should be. Most of the Shelby bits had been removed and replaced. They've had more troubles with their supercar than I'v had with my low end car. And I have more miles (slightly).

I was not impressed. It's a great looking car, and the numbers are great. But living with it might be a little difficult.

The sponsoring dealer had a 2010 GT500 sitting there. Beautifull car. They wanted MSRP - about $80K, plus another $35K in market adjustment (AKA: Additional Delar Profit, Additional Profit, and Dealer Gouging). Grand total around $117K! A nice car, but not $130K worth of nice.

wilkinda 06-30-2009 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by .boB (Post 6317345)
I was talking to a couple of Shelby owners last Sunday at an all ford show. What they told me didn't impress me. Wheel hop is terrible. It needs to be lowered. All the Shelby trim pieces have fallen off and needed to be reglued. Quality control is not what it should be. Most of the Shelby bits had been removed and replaced. They've had more troubles with their supercar than I'v had with my low end car. And I have more miles (slightly).

I was not impressed. It's a great looking car, and the numbers are great. But living with it might be a little difficult.

The sponsoring dealer had a 2010 GT500 sitting there. Beautifull car. They wanted MSRP - about $80K, plus another $35K in market adjustment (AKA: Additional Delar Profit, Additional Profit, and Dealer Gouging). Grand total around $117K! A nice car, but not $130K worth of nice.

$80k MSRP?? Where?? I priced on out on-line with decent options and it was mid $50k price....I'd love to see that window sticker. Are you sure your not talking about last years KR??

.boB 07-01-2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by wilkinda (Post 6317517)
$80k MSRP?? Where?? I priced on out on-line with decent options and it was mid $50k price....I'd love to see that window sticker. Are you sure your not talking about last years KR??

it was a 2010. Total price was $117K. And it was a ragtop.

Ronny2010GT 07-01-2009 10:33 PM

That dealership is trying to rip someone off hardcore. The base MSRP for a convertible GT500 is $51,325. A coupe goes for $46,325. Those numbers are taken from the Ford website. Can't you report that insane price to Ford?

AmericanSpeed 07-02-2009 09:53 AM

For the guys who ordered the '10 GT500s, what is your expected waiting time to receive? Does 3 months sound about right?

I'm really wondering if I should trade in for '10 GT500 before I build this motor.

ironpeddler 07-02-2009 12:43 PM

2010 gt500 has been on order for 4 weeks this saturday. Still has not been pulled for production yet, vin # will come after that. So yeah i'm thinking it will be about 3 months, 2 if i am lucky. Was thinking about cancelling and waiting for the 2011 but i am just going to go ahead with it.