Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door ding on my new GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM
joekr
1st Gear Member

Agreed about the boot to the door. If I am certain you dinged my car, God help your car..

That being said, I park in the bleeder section (still in a standard spot, no the sideways thing) and just hoof it in.. At work I park in a garage downtown and put her on the roof.. Next to no one up there.

Sucks about the ding.. hopefully it'll be a simple fix.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

One of my co-workers just got his brand new 2010 Fusion dinged (BIG dent, paint scratched). He went looking through the parking lot in a rage, attempting to match the color of the paint that was left on his car by the offending door. I thought for a minute he was gonna go CSI on it. But I digress...

What I tend to do is not only park in the back, but also next to one of those parking islands, so you can guarantee that nobody will park along one side of your car (just look out for excessive tree overhang... for a number of reasons). Then you hug that curb of the island as close as you can without bumping it and scratching your rims. It gives about 3 feet or so of buffer space between the exposed side of your car and the line in a standard parking spot.

**** retentive? Yes. Effective? I sure hope so.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

That realy sucks! I went to Best Buy yesterday and came out to where my car was all by itself, and there was a shopping cart positione 1 inch from my car, and I was in there less than 5 minutes. Some buttwads do crap like that just because they can. My son also knows not to hit a car with a door. It would be his *** if he did!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
joekr
1st Gear Member

I have a 9 year old and I have let her know if she swings the door out and tags another persons car, she is paying for both repairs..

I sound like an old man, but kids don't know squat about respect these days..
Old 07-28-2009, 06:04 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Hate that when it happens and it sucks, but from your signature picture you might have better luck if you parked BETWEEN the lines of your parking place.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 AM
rippy25
1st Gear Member

got my black 10 GT a week ago and someone has hit it with their door already, two chips by the gt emblem
Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 AM
NickelDime
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordEngineer
One of my co-workers just got his brand new 2010 Fusion dinged (BIG dent, paint scratched). He went looking through the parking lot in a rage, attempting to match the color of the paint that was left on his car by the offending door. I thought for a minute he was gonna go CSI on it. But I digress...

What I tend to do is not only park in the back, but also next to one of those parking islands, so you can guarantee that nobody will park along one side of your car (just look out for excessive tree overhang... for a number of reasons). Then you hug that curb of the island as close as you can without bumping it and scratching your rims. It gives about 3 feet or so of buffer space between the exposed side of your car and the line in a standard parking spot.

**** retentive? Yes. Effective? I sure hope so.
Good call. It also doesn't hurt to park further away and walk the extra 20 seconds. You'll end up saving the time circling the lot for a closer spot. No harm on the beer belly, neither
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 AM
joekr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NickelDime
Good call. It also doesn't hurt to park further away and walk the extra 20 seconds. You'll end up saving the time circling the lot for a closer spot. No harm on the beer belly, neither
I work downtown and park in a high rise garage..on the roof. There are fabric overhangs so i don't have to worry about hail and idiots..

It's well worth the extra walking.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Xzibitstang

Some people's lack of care for other's prized possessions is astounding. The worst part is, nearly 99.9% of the time the culprit will be someone who is usually not a disregarding person to just dismiss something like hitting someone else car and not feeling guilty about it in the moment. But since the majority of the time the owner of the vehicle isn't around to witness it, they figure a little evil once in a while never hurts. Sad part is, these minded people are the ones that leave the biggest dents/scratches. I rather have my vehicle vandalized then a hit and run, at least I have a much better chance at catching them in the act and preparing them for the long dick of the law. Pardon my french.