Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a used 05 GT worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Whats a used 05 GT worth?

What is a USED 05 Going for.

well... I don't know where you live.. so I used my Zipcode (West County in St. Louis)

Here is the result

Edmunds Search for 05 Mustang Used
Old 06-28-2005, 04:43 PM
jm2005

29,000?!!.....wow I paid 28,453 (MSRP) for mine and the only thing it's missing is the Shaker 1000, I got the 500!

NO WAY would I pay more than MSRP for the car used! BTW...no matter what he says it's used plain and simple if it was titled previously it IS used.
Tell him to get a job selling insurance if he wants to blow sunshine up your ****!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

Unless something changed (and they BETTER not try that crap with me!) Mine'll be under $28000 out the door.
I'm paying the extra in wait time...

Wiz - HOLY CRAP! They are proud of those used '05's! I could make several thousand with mine - of course MINE
doesn't have an engine yet.... grrr!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

DUDE! Go buy it. Make SURE the paperworks says "new" on it.
Then drive straight to a lawyer and sue them for fraud.
You get a free car and probably some cash too!

BTW - within 200 miles of Huntsville - looks just like Wiz said in St. Louis.
Unfreaking believable that a used one is worth more than a new one!
I want my car but if I can make $5K selling it when it gets here....
<somebody slap me and wake me up!>
Old 06-28-2005, 05:18 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

CarMax, who you would assume knows what the used car market will support better than anyone, shows several used 2005 GT's with 5,000 to 7,000 miles for $29,900. This late in the model year, it is not going to have any impact on the value of your car when you eventually sell it, bought new or used it is still going to be a 2005 GT. If you buy a brand new 2005 GT for $29,900 and in 2 years it has 40,000 miles on it, you are going to get less for it than a 2005 GT you bought used with 7,000 miles on it if the "used" one only has 20,000 miles when you are ready to sell it. Any CPA would tell you that 99% of all brand new car purchases are horrible investments (some exotics being the 1% exception). People buy used cars with their head, and new cars with their heart. My head told me over and over that I was going to take a financial bath on my Mustang when I wrote the check, but my heart kept telling it to shut the heck up, and my head finally listened.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

NC-Man speaketh the truth. We are all losing our shirts if we think it's an investment...
but it's not - it's a toy. So in the end, you have to decide if you are willing to "lose"
money to drive what you want. Honestly, if I didn't have one coming... as bad as I want one ..
I can't say I wouldn't work 'em hard but wind up paying through my nose. Tough call. I know this, you
wouldn't be a bit worse off than those who paid OVER sticker on a new one....
Old 06-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

What is is REALLY Worth.

Call your insurance company... ask them... if I totaled my 05' GT.... how much would you give me for it!

THAT is what it is WORTH!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Thanks for all the replies.
I was not considering buying this, I just wanted to see if you-all felt the same way as I did, seems you do.

The guy was about 40'ish, we have went to see him on several ocasions even though he was 40+ miles away.
We had test drove a mach 1 and an 05 gt, both auto on 2 different occasions, there is no comparison in power, I was very disappointed in the power or lack of in the mach 1 but when I drove the gt I was very impressed and I could feel the computer has really holding it back which a diablo should take care of.

Anyway, just for kicks I called the dealer and another salesman answered, I asked if they had a new Gt he said we have a "pre-owned" GT, I said so its used? He said its pre-owned. Guess they just cant make themselves say used to save their life. I asked how much do you want for it he said 28,988.
The first salesman had called around wed last week and said it wont last long, I asked the new salesman how long they have had it he said we just got it in. I told him I saw it there last week, he tried to claim that was a v6, I said no it was a wv blue GT, he paused to think up another lie since he had not told me the color and said maybe we got in friday. I told him that was too much for a used car, his reasoning for the price was the new ones are 3000 over sticker, I told him not all dealers charge over sticker, just the greedy bastards.

I will be finding another dealer, actually talked to one a couple weeks ago who had a wv blue and redfire side by side (v6's) to compare colors.
Salesman asked if I was looking anywhere else and said he could beat their price (due to lower sales tax), I told him the other offer I thought I had, he said they always sell for sticker, but they require a 1,000 deposit upon order, the first salesman said no deposit needed, if you dont want it we will sell it anyway, which was probably another lie.

Anyone know a good honest dealer in the SE that sells for sticker?

I was wondering what they gave on trade too, I m sure somebody got screwed along with the new owner.

If anyone is bored and wants to call them its Jim Skinner ford 205-854-2222 their motto is " $100 says we will beat their best deal regardless!!"
What a joke.....

Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Used is used is used. If the title has already been issued to anyone other than the dealer you buy the car from, IT IS USED.....plain and simple. There is a point here though. It is true that if you bought a used one and total it, you still get the book price from the insurance company and it is the same as a new one totaled. If you decide to get it, make sure all the warranty is tranfered into your name. You are entitled to the remainder of the warranty. If it was bought with the Extended Warranty, make sure you get the remainder of that as well.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:21 PM
04redmach1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbmp

Thanks for all the replies.
I was not considering buying this, I just wanted to see if you-all felt the same way as I did, seems you do.

The guy was about 40'ish, we have went to see him on several ocasions even though he was 40+ miles away.
We had test drove a mach 1 and an 05 gt, both auto on 2 different occasions, there is no comparison in power, I was very disappointed in the power or lack of in the mach 1 but when I drove the gt I was very impressed and I could feel the computer has really holding it back which a diablo should take care of.

Anyway, just for kicks I called the dealer and another salesman answered, I asked if they had a new Gt he said we have a "pre-owned" GT, I said so its used? He said its pre-owned. Guess they just cant make themselves say used to save their life. I asked how much do you want for it he said 28,988.
The first salesman had called around wed last week and said it wont last long, I asked the new salesman how long they have had it he said we just got it in. I told him I saw it there last week, he tried to claim that was a v6, I said no it was a wv blue GT, he paused to think up another lie since he had not told me the color and said maybe we got in friday. I told him that was too much for a used car, his reasoning for the price was the new ones are 3000 over sticker, I told him not all dealers charge over sticker, just the greedy bastards.

I will be finding another dealer, actually talked to one a couple weeks ago who had a wv blue and redfire side by side (v6's) to compare colors.
Salesman asked if I was looking anywhere else and said he could beat their price (due to lower sales tax), I told him the other offer I thought I had, he said they always sell for sticker, but they require a 1,000 deposit upon order, the first salesman said no deposit needed, if you dont want it we will sell it anyway, which was probably another lie.

Anyone know a good honest dealer in the SE that sells for sticker?

I was wondering what they gave on trade too, I m sure somebody got screwed along with the new owner.

If anyone is bored and wants to call them its Jim Skinner ford 205-854-2222 their motto is " $100 says we will beat their best deal regardless!!"
What a joke.....

They are dirt bags. i can get a brand new one in georgia fully loaded for 27,000 . And what mach 1 did you drive? The Mach 1 is a lil faster than the 05'. And will take a cobra in 1/8 mile. 1/4 in some cases.

Quick Reply: Whats a used 05 GT worth?