MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Vortech S3 N/I or Saleen Stage two? Headed for Bren AM 6/19 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/545277-vortech-s3-n-i-or-saleen-stage-two-headed-for-bren-am-6-19-a.html)

05redfirepearlGT 06-18-2009 07:07 PM

Vortech S3 N/I or Saleen Stage two? Headed for Bren AM 6/19

I know the answer to this will be Saleen since I am asking you all to spend my money for me and I do apologize for this post but I have very short notice.

Friday (tomorrow) @ 3:30am I begin my travel to Brenspeed for my long awaited super charger kit. I was set on the Vortech base package because of the savings and the numbers I have seen aren't bad on a stock engine. Then I read a few posts on N/I S3 kits and there are some disturbing results on power loss after engine warmup. More than I would have thought by the way the posts read. This made me re-think the Saleen Stage2 package. Yeah its another 2,300 more and if my wife would find out I was spending only 3799.00 for the S3 alone she would have puppies!!!

Some folks PLEASE WITH FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE ONLY, please give me some fianl feedback on your experience with either of these kits whether they be from Brenspeed or whoever. I do not care to hear about procharger, Paxton, Whipple, Helion, etc. I only wish to know about these two packages.

Thank you very much.

Toy4Bob 06-18-2009 09:14 PM

Well, I basically ended up between those two as well, or even the intercooled Vortech. I was very tempted to go with the V based on price alone, but ended up with the Saleen.

I don't mean this in a bad way at all against Vortech, so don't take it that way and please no one that has it don't take offense.... you get what you pay for. I don't mean this as the V is inferior. I think the V kit would have been just fine, but I decided I was only going to buy one supercharger, and I was going to get what I wanted regardless of price. The last thing I wanted to do was spend even "just" $3800, and be disappointed down the road. the other factor was that the supershaker option really did it for me!

No looking back, no regrets, I am so happy I went the way I did, even though I spent a couple k more. Now, there is alot of personal prefernce, and if you really can't afford 6k and you can 4k, I am sure you will end up very happy, and not get buyers remorse for spending "too much".

Oh, and have great time at brenspeed, great group of guys. I am actually only about 20 minutes from them, great having them in own backyard. where u heading in from, how many hour drive?

06 Gt on 20s 06-18-2009 10:32 PM

I also was deciding between those 2 and ended up getting a saleen and have no regrets. I agree w/ the above post and also have a supershaker.

mlcrycc 06-18-2009 10:45 PM

I have the non intercooled V3, and so far I love it. Those that have Saleen's love em. But, I think you need to make the decision moreso based upon the fact that you either want a Centrifigul blower, or a twin screw, not intercooled or not....different power type, different power band, different driveability....

Personally, I love the fact that my boost starts to kick about 2500 rpm. With 4:10's on board, they get me a quick hole shot without going up in smoke, just in time to hit the power band....it is a great combination, in my opinion....

Jersey Stang 06-18-2009 11:10 PM

There really two different types of boost. Do you want instant torque and instant boost? go with Saleen. the V3 will give you a stock like take off until 2500rpm. I personally love having that instant torque at the line. You rev the engine and you can feel your whole car twist! But the price for a V3 is incredible. The non-intercooled will lose power to heat soak. It's all trade offs. If you have any doubts about the V3, then you should go with the saleen. You don't want to install a V3 and then realize you won't be happy with it.

See if Brenspeed has a V3 car setup to test drive. It may be just what you're looking for.

05redfirepearlGT 06-19-2009 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Toy4Bob (Post 6290324)
Well, I basically ended up between those two as well, or even the intercooled Vortech. I was very tempted to go with the V based on price alone, but ended up with the Saleen.

I don't mean this in a bad way at all against Vortech, so don't take it that way and please no one that has it don't take offense.... you get what you pay for. I don't mean this as the V is inferior. I think the V kit would have been just fine, but I decided I was only going to buy one supercharger, and I was going to get what I wanted regardless of price. The last thing I wanted to do was spend even "just" $3800, and be disappointed down the road. the other factor was that the supershaker option really did it for me!

No looking back, no regrets, I am so happy I went the way I did, even though I spent a couple k more. Now, there is alot of personal prefernce, and if you really can't afford 6k and you can 4k, I am sure you will end up very happy, and not get buyers remorse for spending "too much".

Oh, and have great time at brenspeed, great group of guys. I am actually only about 20 minutes from them, great having them in own backyard. where u heading in from, how many hour drive?

About 4 hours from CIncy.

05redfirepearlGT 06-19-2009 02:16 AM

THanks very much each andevery one. ITs 3:00 am and I have slept about 3 hours since goimg to bed @ 9:00pm. I feel like an 8 year old the night before christmas. Still a bit up in the air, but have 4 hours to make final decision. All of you have been very helpful. For those of you in North Webster area, look for a red pearl GT with carbon gray stripes atthe shop. Or better yet likely you will see me with sitting lit up by a cop tonight LOL!!!!

Toy4Bob 06-19-2009 05:17 AM

Good luck and have fun. Just be sure to glance in the mirror the first time you can it after install, the smile on your face will be huge! You will enjoy no matter which way you go.

05redfirepearlGT 06-19-2009 08:21 AM

Looks like tonight I will be updating my signature to include the phrase "Saleen Supercharger Stage II". The car is in the garage being fitted so there is no turning back. These guys here at Brenspeed are top notch. Free accomodations, and everything. Now just to fill the day awaiting to "release the hounds" when the throttle drops. I feel like a 26 year old getting ready for his first car date with the hottest girl in his class. Had three hours sleep and feel like I have consumed 15 Red Bulls. Will post numbers when I get them. Thanks again to everyone for the very useful feedback. A special thank you to TOY4BOB for the advice on getting what you want. A lot can be said for that. I have more times than not tried to save a buck and ended up paying 2-3 times more to get it the way I thought it would be by going the cheaper way out. Thanks again.

Toy4Bob 06-19-2009 05:17 PM

Well.... UPDATE?!!!! Does it feel any faster LOL

Is Brenspeeds dyno back up yet? You get inside the new building at all?