Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So... get the GT500?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Default So... get the GT500?

2007 GT500, 7200 miles, $33500

I only owe $7000 on my 06 GT.

Is it worth selling my GT for 17 and then taking the 10 and putting it on the GT500?

I'm on the fence here. I hate car payments, love the fact my GT is only a year from being paid for. But the GT500 seems like a great deal especially if I can get him down to 31K.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You expect us to stir you away from that deal?!?!

Jump on that my friend.
Don't even post here, got get the damn thing noaaaaaw.
Then post back in the Shelby section.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I'll take it if you don't!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

the key to this whole puzzle will be selling your GT ....If you can sell your gt for 17k TAKE IT....if you can get that gt500 for even $500 less than his asking price...HECK TAKE IT AT HIS ASKING PRICE.....
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Well I can get financing so that won't be a problem. Just looking for opinions here on whether the GT500 is worth going back into debt again over.

I think the guy is asking a decent price. I still won't give him exactly what he wants especially since it involves serious travel for me to get the car in the first place. I want it for no more than 32K since it'll be a 1500 mile drive back for me. Lotsa gas $$, and at least one hotel stay. Plus getting down there in the first place. Plane tickets aren't cheap. Thus the 32K limit. Will have to put my black GT up for sale as soon as I get back.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
Well I can get financing so that won't be a problem. Just looking for opinions here on whether the GT500 is worth going back into debt again over.

I think the guy is asking a decent price. I still won't give him exactly what he wants especially since it involves serious travel for me to get the car in the first place. I want it for no more than 32K since it'll be a 1500 mile drive back for me. Lotsa gas $$, and at least one hotel stay. Plus getting down there in the first place. Plane tickets aren't cheap. Thus the 32K limit. Will have to put my black GT up for sale as soon as I get back.
Rip..dont know if you remember but last year in march I was asking the same question...should I sell my heavily modded gt with the saleen supercharger....suspension upgrades...headers...etc you name it...it had it....I had over 30k into my 05 GT and sold it on EBAY for 26k...I asked should i do it...and that was for a new to be delivered gt500 at 500 below msrp....well the evidence is in what I am driving and to ask me was it worth going into debt again..(Had very little money owned on my gt so the rest went towards the Down payment on my car) was it worth it..........

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds like a great deal and you will not be disappointed (provided there is nothing wrong with it)
Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Well it has a clean title and says no accidents though I have yet to semi-verify that with a carfax. Garaged, blah blah. Looks OK. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the silver stripes on red. I can always take vinyl stripes off I guess.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Riptide
Well it has a clean title and says no accidents though I have yet to semi-verify that with a carfax. Garaged, blah blah. Looks OK. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the silver stripes on red. I can always take vinyl stripes off I guess.
Just for fun...
That whole stripe kit from Ford retails for about $3000!!!!
And off course, no lube comes with it, to ease the pain.

If this deal isn't gonna put you in financial dires, then you can't pass it up.
Good luck man.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:37 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Just for fun...
That whole stripe kit from Ford retails for about $3000!!!!
And off course, no lube comes with it, to ease the pain.

If this deal isn't gonna put you in financial dires, then you can't pass it up.
Good luck man.
yes...those stripes are WICKED expensive.....
Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Left seller a VM. Guess I'll see what happens then. If he'll negotiate down just a bit more I'll bite. But I am going to have to scramble to get the GT sold right when I get back. I'll be bleeding money between the two cars until I can get rid of the first one. A few months is all I can do before I'd end up having to get a bid from a car dealer and take a nasty loss on it. Don't want it to come to that.

Quick Reply: So... get the GT500?