Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some 1/4 mile insight.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by flounderlipps
Dude, I didn't say it could not be done
I said it gets harder
I can do it also (BIG DEAL)
my point is its really not that hard if the car is set up right. I'm not a great driver, the car hooks and goes on a dump with no sidewall DRs.... so Stan just needs some seat time IMHO
Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
my point is its really not that hard if the car is set up right. I'm not a great driver, the car hooks and goes on a dump with no sidewall DRs.... so Stan just needs some seat time IMHO
I doubt seat time is the issue, I am an old man (35) with plenty of seat time in fast stick cars. Hell, my SRT4 hit mid 11's, now THAT was a car that was a handful, lol. I want to try a different track, out local track just isn't the best it seems like. If I hit Joliet and still have these problems then I know I have real problems. Just trying to see if anyone sees something I am missing.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well everyone did kinda just skip over all my questions about how your suspension is set up.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

If your car isn't on the factory springs anymore, you need LCA relocation brackets. Otherwise, you have made your traction worse by having the front of the LCA lower than the back.

FWIW, I dump the clutch every time from the launch. You'll having to vary your RPM's depending on track prep.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:12 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Try reversing your D-Spec setup. I usually go almost full soft in the front and about 4 turns from full soft in the rear. Those 4.10 gears and the positive displacement blower might make things a little more dicey, but I think you should try and come out the hole harder. Sometimes babying it out the hole leads to spin and shocking the tires with a hard launch can give more traction.

edit: your mph is def good for mid 11s
Old 06-27-2009, 07:24 PM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

I got 20 years on you Stanman
Hang in there man
Old 06-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
Try reversing your D-Spec setup. I usually go almost full soft in the front and about 4 turns from full soft in the rear. Those 4.10 gears and the positive displacement blower might make things a little more dicey, but I think you should try and come out the hole harder. Sometimes babying it out the hole leads to spin and shocking the tires with a hard launch can give more traction.

edit: your mph is def good for mid 11s
Second the soften the fronts and firm up the rear. Try and get the instant center up. Thats more important than the pinion angle.

Last edited by Gene K; 06-27-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Wow GeneK. Seems like a million years since you've posted?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:24 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
Second the soften the fronts and firm up the rear. Try and get the instant center up. Thats more important than the pinion angle.
Hes got adjustments for both, so if max traction is what he is going for, it makes no sense to say one is better then the other. How about, oh I dont know, do both? Get everything dialed in the way it should be (thats why you bought all those adjustable components,) then tray again
Old 06-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by STANMAN
I doubt seat time is the issue, I am an old man (35) with plenty of seat time in fast stick cars. Hell, my SRT4 hit mid 11's, now THAT was a car that was a handful, lol. I want to try a different track, out local track just isn't the best it seems like. If I hit Joliet and still have these problems then I know I have real problems. Just trying to see if anyone sees something I am missing.
Maybe so Stan, however it seems that your current set up is a bit new to you, so I'll stand by my statement that you need some seat time to get the set up dialed in.

Also you need to leave harder, with those tires and your power you should IMHO be able to dump it 4500 or so.

Again 55mph on the burnout for 4-5 seconds to get some real heat in the tires.

I'd agree with the comments above about the shock set up to help the weight transfer.

Again - the lowered stance will hurt your 60s no way around it.

Quick Reply: Need some 1/4 mile insight.