Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes o/r H installation...wow *56K...come on in*

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:13 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I see you have the CHE k-member brace from your pictures. Were you able to get the stock h-pipe out and the new one in without taking off the brace? I just installed a k-member brace on my car, but I am thinking about putting the catted h-pipe back on. I dont want to redo the k-member brace and torque limiters though.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:18 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Son of a B...I put those inserts in, and it definitely helped quell some of the noise, but there's still some damn tick tick tick coming from the side of the car as I pass by other cars...I retightened EVERYTHING, tighter than before. I can't pinpoint which of the gazillion connections could be the offending joint.

I give up...taking it to a dealer or an exhaust shop I guess...

Oh and jahudso, I did NOT have to take my K-member brace off. The pipe fits around it.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 PM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Lol @ Pypes quality...
x2 el oh el

Yea O/R with LMs is going to make your britches brown with the kind of sound. You really need a good mid-muffler system when you go with an O/R midpipe otherwise you'll just get more and more "OK, we get it, your car can wake up the entire county leaving a light in 3rd, cut it out" looks
Old 06-28-2009, 04:36 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
Son of a B...I put those inserts in, and it definitely helped quell some of the noise, but there's still some damn tick tick tick coming from the side of the car as I pass by other cars...I retightened EVERYTHING, tighter than before. I can't pinpoint which of the gazillion connections could be the offending joint.

I give up...taking it to a dealer or an exhaust shop I guess...

Oh and jahudso, I did NOT have to take my K-member brace off. The pipe fits around it.
man that sucks I haven't messed with mine yet
Old 06-28-2009, 04:46 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

My buddy was tellin me I should get it welded where the mid pipe clamps
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Nitrod86GT

I know you guys havent been here in a while but I have their x pipe and same thing is going on..installed the insert, helped some but still barely leaked. Part of the problem is that the studs on the factory manifolds have the hex part too far down so the manifold hardware bottoms out before a tight seal is acheived....the problem is Ford two two different types of manifolds on our cars, some got a 2 1/4" outlet, some got a 2 1/2" outlet...if you have a leak, you probably have the 2 1/4" outlet and the 2 1/2" H pipe..you have to use the inserts AND get some doughnut gaskets from the autoparts store..the ones I got from O reilys were a perfect match to the inserts (no restriction)...when you install them make sure that they are centered when you tighten them down...they are semi-soft so they conform to the insert/manifold as well as space the flange out further so the hardware doesnt bottom out and it gets a good seal...problem solved..thank me later
Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Damm...I'm glad that I not the only one that though the pypes OR H was freakin too LOUD. Oh well, I now have $150 bucks sitting in a box in the corner of my garage. But damm that set-up did sound good with the flows.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Andrew...like the write up (LMAO) and do you have the stockers on now until you get the stingers? How does that sound? still loud as hell?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:01 AM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

i suggest mac
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

haha i hear ya i installed my off road x pipe with pype muffler deletes. The install was a pain in the ***. Plus it sounded like **** it was so loud like you descriped, so i threw the stock mufflers back on and it was perfect.

Quick Reply: Pypes o/r H installation...wow *56K...come on in*