Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some exhaust help, can find one i like

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 PM
tombohum
3rd Gear Member

I love my SLP with stock H-pipe but now that I have the o/r H on it's a little too loud, I need to get a chambered muffler I guess.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 PM
TorchRed04GT
2nd Gear Member

Trying to make a s197 sound good can be a nightmare. I started out with Stingers and a o/r Prochamber but sold them because it wasn't loud enough. I then went to the Pyoes mid-muffler and o/r X and it sounded good, but also trumpeted pretty bad. I then welded in some resonators on my X and the car sounds amazing now, no trumpeting and very smooth. I would also reccomend flows with an o/r H, they are very deep but will trumpet. O/r x with flows is very poppy and only sounds good at very low rpm's.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchRed04GT
Trying to make a s197 sound good can be a nightmare. I started out with Stingers and a o/r Prochamber but sold them because it wasn't loud enough. I then went to the Pyoes mid-muffler and o/r X and it sounded good, but also trumpeted pretty bad. I then welded in some resonators on my X and the car sounds amazing now, no trumpeting and very smooth. I would also reccomend flows with an o/r H, they are very deep but will trumpet. O/r x with flows is very poppy and only sounds good at very low rpm's.
That's not to far from my system, except my 'resonators' are cats, cats seems to keep the sound much cleaner, or something like a resonator.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:58 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

This is what I have and I am very satisfied with it: Prochamber with hiflow cats and magnapacks. Clean deep tone, with very little trumpet.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

love my pypes mid muffler set-up with the o/r x
j
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

I was going to try the MM system, but took a left turn when i got the corsa's. Im really between the MM and the MAC. I don't think the stingers are what i want, Seems like people want louder once they get them.

I like the clean smooth sound, My boomtubes did that just was not loud enough. Thanks for all the suggestions
Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

What I can tell you that I love about my mid muffler, since they are straight though I don't get that annoying popping sound when the engine is colder, some people liked it I hated it, sounded like a backfire. It's still there a little but nothing like it was.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchRed04GT
You have a video?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
I don't think the stingers are what i want, Seems like people want louder once they get them.
I think that all depends on the rest of your setup. I love my Stingers and plan to add a high-flow H-pipe, along with headers at some point. I've heard a similar setup on another Stang and really liked it.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

That's just it, there are soooooo many different combos, I researched for like 6 months before I got what I just installed. I had Hooker axlebacks for a while and almost never see anyone with them.

Quick Reply: I need some exhaust help, can find one i like