Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some exhaust help, can find one i like

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Default I need some exhaust help, can find one i like

Well Ive went through a few set ups and still i cant find what im looking for and i can not keep buying and selling parts. This is what i have/had:

Stock everything: Too quite and stock isn't cool

JBA axle backs: good clean tone not loud enough

Boomtubes w/ stock h: Good clean tone, louder than JBA but droning at highway that annoyed me

Boomtubes w/ splice in X: Same as above, no real sounds diff

Boomtubes w/ O/R H: not the tone and i want. It had too much of a pulsing/tapping sound and well was stupid loud and trumpets the entire time.

Corsa w/ high flow catted H: doesn't have much of a rumble and trupets past 4k on a hard pull.

I have the corsa on now and i do like that highway driving is quite and it is loud enough when i get on it but it trumpets past 3,500/4000 and doesn't sound good. It also isn't very deep or rumbly at idle but i guess that is the trade off for being known for no drone which there is none at all.

I am going to keep my Highflow catted H, and i have my splice in X that i could make the H an X. But for those who have a HF catted midpipe, what are you running. I know the midmuffler people like theres and i was going to get that but was a little scared of the quality.

I don't know if a resonator will fix what im looking for so any help please let me know i could most likely take from exhaust manifold to the mufflers off and back on blindfolded in 15 min now Haha
Old 06-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Sorry you don't like your CORSA setup. I have just the CORSA axel backs with everything else stock and I love it.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
Stock everything: Too quite and stock isn't cool
[sarcasm]
LOL, yeah, stock cars going for hundreds of thousands of dollars is totally uncool!
[/sarcasm]

You probably won't like the 2010's. They are more quiet than your current mustang.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:25 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I would try the corsa's, high flow h, and some shorty headers. They aren't much more difficult to intall than the H-pipe, it just takes a little more time. I have jba shorty headers and corsa mufflers with an o/r h-pipe. Its too raspy with the o/r pipe, so the stock one is going back on. I got MANY complements before i put the o/r pipe on. Here is a video of corsas with stock h-pipe and jba shorty headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zFeUmIkAo
Old 06-28-2009, 11:10 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Try some straight through glasspack style mufflers like the pypes m-80's or magnaflow magnapacks. I have just magnapacks on my car and it isn't loud enough for me at idle, but I need to keep my cats for emissions. My buddy has magnapacks and an o/r x on his 98 cobra and it sounds awesome.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

I just posted mine, no drone, deep, throaty and just over all a good sound.

It's actually pretty quiet on the inside with the windows up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E06X3xCan4
Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

The mid mufflers do sounds nice. I too need cats even though i could take them off and and pop them on when i need to, i think having highflows is good enough. I was looking in to the m-80's or some kind of resonator along with the corsa's. I may go that route, but i really really hope it wont trumpet. I was suprised to hear it trumpet when I got on it. I still need to chase a few leaks out by the axle back and one on the drivers side collector but i don't think those small leaks are enough to dramticly change the sound
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Funny thing is I had Corsa's before that, they sound nice, but have no deep, low sound to them, no rumble and that's what I missed. They are though without a doubt drone free.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire
Funny thing is I had Corsa's before that, they sound nice, but have no deep, low sound to them, no rumble and that's what I missed. They are though without a doubt drone free.
Thats what im kind of looking for also but i think thats the trade off for drone. Its loud but a higher pitched sound which i guess is out of drone range so the corsa's are going to go or cross my fingers with some glassbacks/resonators.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
GQ4Life

this im going to try this.. maybe different x pipe

MagnaPACK Cat Back System 2005-2008 GT Stainless Steel
BBK Full Length Headers 05-09
BBK Off Road X Pipe 05-09

Quick Reply: I need some exhaust help, can find one i like