Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXT hood lift kit for Trufiber hood question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Default NXT hood lift kit for Trufiber hood question

Ok, so I did the search option thingy, nothing to answer my question. I called ninosport but they did not know either.

I have the Trufiber venom hood. I know there are two kits. the one for GT500, and the one for GT/V6 ..

I found something about the hood being curved on the GT and flat on the GT500 around the hinge. But I don't have a GThood, not a GT around me to look at the hood.

Anyways, here's the question.

Which kit do I need to buy for the Trufiber Venom hood. I would apreciate anyone's input as I'm about to purchase a kit as soon as I find out which one. Thx
Old 06-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Ok, so I did the search option thingy, nothing to answer my question. I called ninosport but they did not know either.

I have the Trufiber venom hood. I know there are two kits. the one for GT500, and the one for GT/V6 ..

I found something about the hood being curved on the GT and flat on the GT500 around the hinge. But I don't have a GThood, not a GT around me to look at the hood.

Anyways, here's the question.

Which kit do I need to buy for the Trufiber Venom hood. I would apreciate anyone's input as I'm about to purchase a kit as soon as I find out which one. Thx
I have the Steeda and never had any issues with the GTS3 Truefiber hood. I think Truefiber sells their own hood lifts give Phil a call and ask him.
TRUFIBER
970 E. Orangethorpe Ave. Suite C
Anaheim, CA 92801

Mon-Fri (10am-6pm pst)
Sat-Sun (Closed)

Phone: 714-451-1444
Fax: 714-451-1877

Email:
sales@trufiber.com
info@trufiber.com

Old 06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

I know they sell their own but I'm interested in the NXT. From my searches it's the strongest out there, no drilling, just what I want.

I really apreciate your response tough
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Call Phil and get it from him. Its an NXT kit made to work with the Trufiber hood. Tried and tested on my Venom 1 and current version. You can paint the mounts the color of the hood and it looks like a seamless bracket. Works great. Resistance is set low so it wont lift the hood up hard from the low point but as you lift half way up it will gently lift the rest and hold it up all day. This way you wont bow the fiberglass when its closed. I am real happy with it.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Joe is right....call phil
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Since it's an NXT kit I'll go ahead and call Phil. Thx Joe, and everyone else for your inputs.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

I have the GT kit on my Trufiber GTS3 hood. Not sure how that compares to a Venom hood, but probably similar. Nice kit.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigray327
I have the GT kit on my Trufiber GTS3 hood. Not sure how that compares to a Venom hood, but probably similar. Nice kit.
Will work just fine brother.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

ok, so I'm pretty pissed. Never thought this would happen. hopefully it's a misunderstanding.

I did some homework before I posted here and before I ordered. And I knew there were two different kits. one for the GT500 and one for the GT-V6

Guess what, I don't know if there is a " Modified kit " made for the trufiber Venom hood, but I recieved a plain GT lift kit by NXT. It has a gap in between the hood and the bracket.. Exactly what I knew would happen if I bought the GT one.

So here's my question. Joe, hopefully you know. Is this the " modified kit " or this was just a misunderstanding me and Phil had over the phone ? Because if this is it, I'm returning it. I could have gotten the GT500 kit painted and for cheaper lol..

Any answers are welcome. I also e-mailed Phil ( they are closed now ) hopefully this is fixable ( FAST ) THX
Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

The first gen hood I had, the bracket sat flush but on the new venom with twist pins, the farthest most part on the hood kit that attaches to the hood, sits 1/2" apart from the hood, for about 6 inches of the farthest tip of the bracket. This gives the well needed flex the hood benefits from the lift bar. Put it on. Trust me it will work. Have I let anyone down on these forums?

Quick Reply: NXT hood lift kit for Trufiber hood question