Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the difference between '07 Mustang Basic, Deluxe & GT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
ZzFDKzZ
1st Gear Member

Default What's the difference between '07 Mustang Basic, Deluxe & GT?

What's the difference between '07 Mustang Basic, Deluxe & GT?

Planning to buy a used Mustang but I'm stuck between the difference. Can't seem to find anything through google.com.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:14 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I've got a deluxe model that I ordered sight unseen. The only surprise there was that Ford's website didn't explain all the difference between a deluxe & a premium. The only disappointment initially was that the deluxe interior didn't have any metalic trim on the steering wheel & dash.

The all-black look (no metalic trim) has since grown on me and I'm no longer disappointed.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:26 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

In the GT the difference between the Deluxe and Premium is mostly interior mods. Chrome trim, stereo... stuff like that.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
ZzFDKzZ
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies. I mean the difference between a '07 Mustang Deluxe and a '07 Mustang GT.

I know Mustang has a GT Deluxe and GT Premium but I'm not talking about those cars.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:44 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZzFDKzZ
Thanks for the replies. I mean the difference between a '07 Mustang Deluxe and a '07 Mustang GT.

I know Mustang has a GT Deluxe and GT Premium but I'm not talking about those cars.
If I understand what you're asking correctly, the biggest difference is the Deluxe is a V6 and the GT is A V8.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

this ? makes no sence a GT has a v8 in it.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

I thought that all 2007 Mustangs were either deluxe or premium. In 2006 there was a "standard" model.

As far as standard equipment goes on the V6, I think the differences between the deluxe and premium are different wheels, driver's power seat, and radio. But you could get the premium wheels, driver's power seat, and radio on the deluxe as options. There are some options that were available only on the premium. You could option a deluxe to exceed what was standard on the premium.

As far as standard equipment goes on the GT, I think the differences between the deluxe and premium are cloth seats on the deluxe with leather on the premium, and a different radio on the deluxe than on the premium. You could option the leather and premium radio on the deluxe. You could also option the deluxe to exceed what was standard on the premium.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

There is a Deluxe and Premium package for both the V6 and GT. The only differences in the V6 interior and GT interior is the gauges and the center of the seat covers are a little different. (GT's have perforated leather, V6's don't. A little different design.)

Mustang V6 & GT Deluxe - This is the base model. The interior looks like this:

There is an option on the Deluxe model called the "sport interior package" or something of that nature. It adds a leather wrapped steering wheel with silver trim on the steering wheel and the shifter, which looks like this:

Then there's the Mustang V6 & GT Premium. This includes alots of aluminum-looking trim and leather seats. This also includes the Mycolor gauges with a display center, Shaker 500 or 1000 stereo, and more options such as the comfort package, premium trim package etc. are available.

Hope that helped you understand...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

GT Deluxe = Cloth / 160W Stereo
GT Premium = Leather / 500W stereo

But the items that made a Premium where also optional on the Deluxe (dont ask why).

The leather wrapped steering wheel with aluminum accents, aluminum/leather gear shift ****, door sill plates, my color, display center, etc were not part of Premium but the "Interior Upgrade Package" which was available on both GT Deluxe and GT Premium. I have seen a Premium with the plastic steering wheel and plain dash.

The interior package referred to above as the "Sport Interior Package" is incorrect. That is the one that included the Black Ribbed Dash instead of aluminum.

The leather/aluminum wheel and shift **** where known as the Drivers Ornamentation Package (yes its can be confused with the hood scoop, engine cover and exhaust tips) and was a fleet option intended for cars destined for conversion (read Saleen, Steeda, Roush, etc)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

you do realize you're being punked with, right?

Try not to respond to nonsensical threads created by someone with 1 post!

Mods- please delete this thread!

Quick Reply: What's the difference between '07 Mustang Basic, Deluxe & GT?