Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of this Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

I think the price is too much, a lot of miles too.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

wanna buy a blown GT convertible??? its on LI

PM me if you care

and yea that car is too much
Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
kxl77
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeeStang
I'll sell you mine. 8500 miles and asking $20K. Corsa exhaust and lots of exterior and interior mods. I also have a C&L CAI with a SCT Tuner for sale, $450. Also some other mods I won't list that I haven't installed them.

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...view=slideshow
Thanks bro, but I'm really looking for something black with a roof.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 PM
kxl77
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
wanna buy a blown GT convertible??? its on LI

PM me if you care

and yea that car is too much
Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a black GT/stock. Impressive car you have there.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:04 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

That's too much....you could find a better deal with less miles
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by kxl77
Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a black GT/stock. Impressive car you have there.
Your welcome. Thanks!

Good luck on your search
Old 07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
warnen
2nd Gear Member

One more here saying it's to much. Got my 06 gt last year for 17k and it only had 5k miles.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
dartley

Well you and I might well be competing for a car ... I'm on LI too and posted just yesterday on the sticky for "just bought your new 05->07" ... something like that (probably the WRONG place to post - sorry about that! ;-)

I was looking at cars.com too and noted a couple on LI that looked like better deals than your find though I have to say.

One thing I was asking on the other thread was exactly what you are asking here; namely, what's a good deal on a pre-09 model GT. Seems at least one or two dealers are touting black on black and marking up for it (that' the combo I am most interested in too BTW). So I appreciate the good info posted here.

One fella mentioned Sayville and Newins Ford ... these offer better deals huh? Okay I will keep that in mind.

The big problem that I find myself is that a goodly number of "pre-owned" GTs are fairly highly modified and that jacks up the price considerably - hypocritically when sold from dealers since most are probably warranty violations LOL.

I am also considering a '10 model if the price is right - but I checked the ford website and the prices seem quite high. I like a low option car myself, and a regular GT automatic (farty I know but I drive in traffic a lot) is over $28K with no options. They don't even list wheel options yet on the base GT.

One piece of advice I will offer to the OP ... IF you can afford it ... once you find the car you want and know just what you want to pay for it, go into the dealer with cash on you and say: "this is it, take it or leave it".

~Bill
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 PM
kxl77
1st Gear Member

Hmm, for you guys that bought cars are great prices with low mileage, were your cars purchased from dealers or private owners?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kxl77
So I've been on the boards for quite a while now, and I've always wanted a Mustang. I tricked myself out of buying one for a few months and thought to purchase something more "familiy oriented/ reliable"

Anywho, I checked out this particular mustang today.

It's a pretty nice car, drove it for a bit and it drove quite nicely. The only strange thing is that the manager of the Ford dealership drives it home every night. Is there something I should be concerned with? When I started her up today, the engine was already warm so I wouldn't be able to inspect for burning oil or anything along those lines. (I checked the car around 1600 hours, and the manager was to come in around 1000 hours)

The interior is in decent shape, and I say decent since there are a few nicks on the aluminum part of the steering wheel.

The exterior looks rough, but I think its because it needs to be detailed/washed. I'm hoping that is the case, what do you guys think?

Lastly, they're asking 20500 for it... do you guys think I'd be able to pull it down to 18k?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, the dealership that I went to is Northport Ford located in Commack, New York. The salesman I dealt with goes by the name of Ed, and as of now he seems like a pretty decent person with absolute no pressure sales tactics which I like.
i would offer them 17 max. also check out carmax. you will get a killer deal on a low mileage gt.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this Mustang?