Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just my little sleeper - 12.79 @ 113.65mph - street tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

sorry dude... 12.7x with a blower.... not impressive... guys doing that and much lower with bolt-ons on the stock motor N/A
Old 07-19-2009, 11:54 AM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lowrider954
are you saleen supercharged? i have just bolt ons and run that time, you should be able to do better
Yep. Just getting to learn the car with the drastic change. Don't worry. Time will show improvements.

Last edited by 05redfirepearlGT; 07-19-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mx07gt
no offense, but If you ran a 12.79 with a stage 2 saleen, you are doing something terribly wrong, regardless if you have street tires. That thing must be pushing like 440-450rwhp, so with street tires it would be more like a 12.4-12.3. What was your 60' times? Do you know how to powershift/shift properly?
These were my first two passes ever. The clutch on the car is a little weak. I could smell it at the end of the track on both passes. The car dyno'd 426HP/409T. I left the line like a granny trying to learn the car with the changes and as to not leave the clutch at the line. Launch was 1500 RPM if you should call it that. Previous times at another track on a stock setup were 13.35,13.41,13.37 on DR's. So I know the car has much more potential. Just don't wish to push it quite yet.

The stage two kit came with a 3.6" pulley and not a 3.2 so the RWHP and the boost are lower than some kits. I told Brenspeed to dyno-tune conservative. I drive this thing summer and winter, Yes I put Snow tires on it and it goes in the snow 28 miles one way to work.

Once a clutch is inthe car I can better rely on and I have a little more meat on the back end, I will let the hammer drop and should easilly see much better results. A lot more seat time at the track will help as well. I don't race for a living, I ony attend T/T events.

Last edited by 05redfirepearlGT; 07-19-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:31 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
yeah.. it seems pretty bad to me too.. I want to know what track and which day he went on.. see how bad the DA is there.. he is running 6.5psi of boost i'm guessing he is around 400rwhp on an otherwise stock car..
Edgewater Raceway Park - Miamitown, Ohio. Didn't ask for your peanut gallery comments. Don't care for your second hand opinion. It's easy, repeat EASY to throw 4.10 gears in and go straight to the track and jump on it. Been there done that. Not that big of a deal. Adding a S/C well now that's a different story. When you can cross that road feel free to provide me some input. Until then, I recommend you wait until you have experience before you voice your youthful opinion.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:39 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
nice times! i always wanted a sleeper. id trade all of my appearance mods in a heartbeat if it could get me into the 10's looking stock haha
Thanks. I have a long way to go in learning how the car will react, and as I have stated several times, I need a new clutch. The stock one (29000 miles) is slipping a bit at the end of the track. I could smell it lightly when I hit the traps. The clutch has got to be upgraded, but I need to make it last through the winter so no more T/T nights this year.

I must admit, I am not into outward effects but your stang looks sharp. It also makes me wish I had the money to do somethign a little more daring. Trouble is I have this bigger addiction to g-force than outward looks.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
No indication that mine is blown. No gauges, completely quiet stock exhaust. Going through the traps at 120+ and running low 11s usually gets some reaction. Watch my Youtube video in my sig of my 11.32 run and listen to the guys in the backround, its pretty funny.
Those are great numbers. Are you running a factory clutch? If so how many miles are on it? If not which label did you go with?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by x96283
Depends what the Brenspeed stage 2 equals... my JDM stage 2 is a 3.4 pulley with 440rwhp through my auto. He could have a 3.6 and a lower output.

On my 3.4 pulley and GT500 OEM tires I pulled a 12.07 at Fun Ford Weekend (good prep!). Normally I ran 12.25 pretty consistently on the regular street nights. Now with drag radials, I'm running 11.90s on street night.

I bet the OP has another .25 sec in just seat time waiting to be unleashed!!
brenspeed stage three is a 3.4" pulley.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:14 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
sorry dude... 12.7x with a blower.... not impressive... guys doing that and much lower with bolt-ons on the stock motor N/A
Mr. Moderator,

Didn't ask for your approval. Didn't ask for your attitude. I am proud of what I have done so far. Never claimed it was good. Just claiming I finally hit 12's with room for lot's of improvement. I am sure you hit your low ET (11.87) the very first time you got your Vortech HO installed and hit the track. Wow it must be nice to be an all star professional racer like you. Can I have your autograph? NOT!!!! Get a life. This forum is about sharing and enjoying each others mustang experiences as we all grow with our cars. Shove off if you don't have anything good to say. BTW any one and I mean anyone can drive an automatic . . . DUDE!

Last edited by 05redfirepearlGT; 07-19-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:23 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05redfirepearlGT
Those are great numbers. Are you running a factory clutch? If so how many miles are on it? If not which label did you go with?
I had a factory clutch on it for a little while. It held up at the track decently well, but inevitably started to slip. It's too bad the stock clutch can't hold more power, I could bang gears so easily with it. Clutches in these cars are a PITA! I'm using a competition clutch stage 5 right now. Its very aggressive though, but I track my car all the time, so its a trade off I'm willing to make.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by 05redfirepearlGT
Edgewater Raceway Park - Miamitown, Ohio. Didn't ask for your peanut gallery comments. Don't care for your second hand opinion. It's easy, repeat EASY to throw 4.10 gears in and go straight to the track and jump on it. Been there done that. Not that big of a deal. Adding a S/C well now that's a different story. When you can cross that road feel free to provide me some input. Until then, I recommend you wait until you have experience before you voice your youthful opinion.
Your DA when you went was about 2057 ft.. that had an affect..your adjusted time is slightly better.. but its obvious with your mph you have the possibility of getting a much lower ET.. You sure are getting defensive.. you just need to work on your launch.. MT ET streets on stock 17" rims will give you all the traction you need. and upgrading the clutch im sure will help.. but you can still burn up a good clutch if you aren't careful...

and as other people have pointed out.. with practice you should be able to get it down.. i dunno why you decided to lash out and attack all the other long time members here because you did poorly at the track. and auto's still have to launch too.. i've had as bad as a 2.5 60ft with MT ET streets on.. didn't do enough of a burn out so i had no traction.. and i've only had a best of a 2.0 60' on stock tires.. other people have done better so there is obviously learning and adjusting to do anyway..

Last edited by Mishri; 07-19-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Just my little sleeper - 12.79 @ 113.65mph - street tires