Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Dealer Dilema tell me what you would do..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Default Possible Dealer Dilema tell me what you would do..

I took delivery on my 2010 mustang GT on 7/6/09... when i got the car home i decided to look at the car closely to see if anything was out of whack. When i looked under the right side lower front valance i could see that the bottom of it was scraped as if it were rubbed up against at stationary curb. I Talked to my salesman that day, he informed me i had left a spare pair of glasses in my trade in and when i came to get them, I could show them the damage... The next day i went down to the dealer which is 50 miles from my home. The sales manager who also drove a custom 2007 stang himself, looked at the damage and informed me that sometimes when loading and unloading these cars they scrape the bottoms. I informed him that i want that fixed. He said he would order me a lower front piece to replace it , paint it kona blue and call me when it was in...i said ok. 4 days went by and i had'nt heard a thing so i decided to give a call, needless to say i was unable to reach the sales manager or my salesman after leaving messages sending emails etc... should i be concerned about this or should i just give him more time to get the part? Let me know what you think.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

If this is the same dealer giving you the hard time about the keyless entry... I presume it is ...it definitely shows a pattern with them that seems unacceptable. If you leave a message they should call back within a reasonable amount of time. Regardless if the part is in and painted yet, they should return phone calls at a minimum. I would suggest a week or so on the valance before getting too upset.

Where I lived previously, I would travel all the way across town to get my car serviced at a different dealer than the one that sold me my car. This is was due to selling dealers poor excuse for customer service. They were great upt till the papers were signed, then they were terrible with customer service issues. This can really spoil your overall experience with the car and how you might percieve Ford as a company based on the actions of a dealer.

Last edited by wilkinda; 07-13-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

sounds like they talk a good game when you are there, but don't back it up. I would be talking to the owner if possible. They aren't going to want you pissed and lose business of you and your buds. It does sound a little shady, hopefully they will come through for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Called Ford Corp today and got my case logged on file so that the customer liason at the dealership will be made known that Corp knows about this. They pretty much said i have to deal directly with the dealer to get them to do what they are suppose to do...guess i got to go down there and straighten things out....
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

They just hope you will loose your patience and give up. It happened to me when I bought a car for my son couple of years ago. 4 days isI think not enough but still they should return your call. I am still waiting for my GT '10 and I leavemessages with sales manager. He returned my call only once. Don't be discouraged, keep calling and if you don't know, you can still call Ford customer relations and choose option"problems with dealer' or something similiar.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 AM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

WOW!! I just typed this at the same time!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Update: turns out my salesman was out all last week, which is why he didnt return my calls. I talked to him today and i have and appointment tommorrow for their body shop to do an estimate on the damage which the dealer will pay for...so we are good now....Also they have my remotes ready they just need to program them....so all is good now!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by dominant1
Update: turns out my salesman was out all last week, which is why he didnt return my calls. I talked to him today and i have and appointment tommorrow for their body shop to do an estimate on the damage which the dealer will pay for...so we are good now....Also they have my remotes ready they just need to program them....so all is good now!
Glad all is working in your favor. Like I said, your experience with a dealer can really affect the whole car experience. I'd like to know what the excuse your salesman gave you for the Remote issue??
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

He didnt give an excuse for the remotes he just we have your remotes ...and when he said that it was all i wanted to hear... but he did say the paperwork for the front valance order went to the wrong dept. where it sat till he cleared it up today......
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Question on the remotes..he giving you the keys with the rmote built on the key or the seperate remotes? They should be built right into the key. Don't settle!!

Quick Reply: Possible Dealer Dilema tell me what you would do..