MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   DYNOTUNE WORTH IT???? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/550840-dynotune-worth-it.html)

07GT/CSVERT 07-16-2009 01:35 PM

DYNOTUNE WORTH IT????

So from the responses im getting on another thread i started im hearing that its not really worth it to get a dynotune with a cai, that the mail order tunes will get me the same gains?

deekum1627 07-16-2009 01:37 PM

yes that is true you dont need a dyno tune till you do bigger things

highline 07-16-2009 03:32 PM

agreed...cai+Brenspeed, Tilman, Bama is excellent...beyond that...DYNO

foolio2k4 07-16-2009 03:35 PM

Once you feel that you have all the bolt ons your gonna get...thats when a dyno tune will help.

MELLOWYELLOW06 07-16-2009 03:37 PM

I had my JLT and tune from BAMA and it was great. My friend on the other hand had his tuned and got his numbers. Some time later I did a pull on my car and we compared. He was about 4 rwhp higher than my bama tune. Not worth the extra money. If you go blower , I would definitely do it.

eslhockey92g 07-16-2009 03:40 PM

Even though the canned tunes verses a dyno tune may not yeild much more power. I would like to get the economy delete things as my last power adder. Once im done with small bolt on power adders i want to get a dyno tune so i KNOW the A/F ratios are safe everything is running correctly. Even though i may not pick up much power, i know its dialed in to my car not just a unviersal tune. but only when im done small bolt on stuff. Once i hit the lotto and i can slam a 76mm turbo under the hood ill be done power wise so why not dyno tune it.

05 Mustang 07-16-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 (Post 6352265)
I had my JLT and tune from BAMA and it was great. My friend on the other hand had his tuned and got his numbers. Some time later I did a pull on my car and we compared. He was about 4 rwhp higher than my bama tune. Not worth the extra money. If you go blower , I would definitely do it.

+1

standard tune will be just fine with a CAI....if & when you decide to go with a blower, then you'll see the benefits of a dyno tune

07GT/CSVERT 07-17-2009 02:25 PM

What about drivability with the canned big name tunes are they as good as stock with part throttle and around town driving?

Rubrignitz 07-17-2009 11:49 PM

Personally I would NEVER trust a mail order tune. I never realized how bad they were until I installed cams. All the mail order guys told me to hit the road at that point. I don't blame them. How can you properly tune a car w/o seeing the results throughout the powerband???

All these guys w/ mailorder tunes getting spanked by cars w/ dyno tunes doesn't surprise me.

Tylus 07-18-2009 04:18 AM

every single Mustang hits the streets with the same parameters. only difference is the Auto vs. Stick ECM profiles
we all know that a variable will cause a difference, but for 99% of the time a Canned Tune will be fine.

A competant shop can create outstanding tunes based on the cars they've seen and can safely sell those "Cookie Cutter" tunes without any issues.
Dyno Tunes will always be better...period.

but the costs associated with them aren't going to make the few HP/TQ gains worth it.

so why not go Canned, save some money and be perfectly happy with the results?

as previously mentioned, stay Canned with the simple bolt-ons that every Mustang owner does. But the second you start doing weird things, or get serious with a blower/turbo...Dyno only