Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Steeda Tri Axe Shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 12:02 PM
mykim72
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJEs6Z1TOwI
Old 07-18-2009, 08:16 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fort LiquordaleGT
I have one, I had Steeda put it in. I don't remember but I think they use the stock shifters bushings these days. I honestly can't remember. But I have zero problems with noise, vibrations etc. I love the thing. The Hurst and stock shifters are worthless.
lol do your homework and you wont look like such a ***.

The hurst won the sts shoot out and there are more of them then any other shifter out there and the only other as good is the mgw but then price comes into factor. Bang for ya buck it can not be beat.

ive had both and it pawns the steeda shifter, looks feel, performance......

Ill give you a break on your newbie comment though since you only have 7 post and obviously have not done your home work and your clueless to what bushings you have in your shifter cause you had somebody else install it........
Old 07-18-2009, 08:46 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG

The hurst won the sts shoot out and there are more of them then any other shifter out there and the only other as good is the mgw but then price comes into factor. Bang for ya buck it can not be beat.

Ill give you a break on your newbie comment though since you only have 7 post and obviously have not done your home work and your clueless to what bushings you have in your shifter cause you had somebody else install it........
so what can i do to try and trouble shoot the problems i am having with it. I would love to keep it but im tired of it not going into gear all the time.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 PM
TorchRed04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG

Why are you such a dick? If the guy wants to give his opinion, he can, regardless of post count. I personally do not like the Hurst either, too many rattles and too clunky. So before you post another retarded comment again, realize that others have opinions as well and it's okay if they don't match yours.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:32 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I have the Steeda Tri-ax. It does not have short throws, but it does shift smoothly.
I'd like to have a B&M shifter.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchRed04GT
Why are you such a dick? If the guy wants to give his opinion, he can, regardless of post count. I personally do not like the Hurst either, too many rattles and too clunky. So before you post another retarded comment again, realize that others have opinions as well and it's okay if they don't match yours.
blahblahblah I guess Im a dick because I like to read post by people who know what they are talking about rather then just retarded post's with no thought behind them....

its helps if people have knowledge or experience with the product before they give there opinion otherwise its just hot air......

Its a shame your hurst rattled and it was to clunky as you say.

thanks for the life lesson on opinions it really hit home ......
Old 07-19-2009, 04:33 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rcj2000
Anyone have pics of theirs installed? How does it shift? I have the hurst right now and its very clunky and hard to shift at high rpms, but i love the look of the hurst..i know the mgw is the i have heard but i found a really good deal on the steeda....unless someone wants to make a good deal on the mgw!

Thanks
When you say its hard to get in gear, what are you doing at the time? Driving Hard, Driving Slow?

Drivetrain flex negatively affects shifting at high rpm with the stock motor mounts.

If you have problems shifting through a school zone thats a diff. story.

EDIT: Ok I apparently didn't even read your post.

At high rpm shifting from first to second hard makes me miss a shift more often than not. I would look into the steeda or prothane motor mounts....they solved the problem on a car I worked on before. There are also the k-member braces with torque limiters but they can cause problems later if you want long tube headers.

I wouldn't blame the Hurst shifter....even though I think the MGW is god.

Last edited by thedrod; 07-19-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i had the hurst billet shifter and it was awsome its def up there with mgw there both the best. i also tried steeda way nicer shifts then the stocker. but i went with mgw at the end cause i like how i can adjust the throw and i can adjust the lenth of the shaft/ball high or low how i wanted. the only reason i got rid of my husrt cause it had a rattle which there is a fix for it now and it works i would of done that if i knew about it and i would of still had it. but the mgw was aslo worth the switch for me so im very happy if you have the money then i think mgw would be the way to go it is a really nice peice of work, but if your tight the hurst is the way to go with out a ? if you want the hurst pm me i will send you the link where i got mine super super cheap and it was for the billet one

Last edited by deekum1627; 07-19-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
i had the hurst billet shifter and it was awsome its def up there with mgw there both the best. i also tried steeda way nicer shifts then the stocker. but i went with mgw at the end cause i like how i can adjust the throw and i can adjust the lenth of the shaft/ball high or low how i wanted. the only reason i got rid of my husrt cause it had a rattle which there is a fix for it now and it works i would of done that if i knew about it and i would of still had it. but the mgw was aslo worth the switch for me so im very happy if you have the money then i think mgw would be the way to go it is a really nice peice of work, but if your tight the hurst is the way to go with out a ? if you want the hurst pm me i will send you the link where i got mine super super cheap and it was for the billet one
I have the hurst already....whats the trick to make it quieter?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:21 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rcj2000
I have the hurst already....whats the trick to make it quieter?

get so good lube spray it around the socket/ball let it soak in there

Quick Reply: Anyone with Steeda Tri Axe Shifter?