Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Steeda Tri Axe Shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:25 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone with Steeda Tri Axe Shifter?

Anyone have pics of theirs installed? How does it shift? I have the hurst right now and its very clunky and hard to shift at high rpms, but i love the look of the hurst..i know the mgw is the i have heard but i found a really good deal on the steeda....unless someone wants to make a good deal on the mgw!

Thanks

Last edited by rcj2000; 07-17-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

It just depends what bushings come with the Tri-Ax you are considering purchasing. I got one of the older ones with red poly bushings and it transmits an absurb amount of NVH to the cabin.

The previous owner of my car had bought it, installed it and removed it because of the noise. He gave it to me when I bought the car. I thought, how bad could it be? Well I installed it and found out. Everything buzzed and rattled, including the floor pan.

I ended up using and extensive amount of dynomat in the cabin and between the shifter base and the floorpan. That reduced the NVH to a tolerable level, but it still bugs me some times, I've just gotten used to it.

Other than that, I like the shifter, you can customize the length of the throw and it's very stout.

In later verisons they replaced the poly bushings with some softer material (rubber?).
Old 07-17-2009, 03:40 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vapour Trails
It just depends what bushings come with the Tri-Ax you are considering purchasing. I got one of the older ones with red poly bushings and it transmits an absurb amount of NVH to the cabin.

The previous owner of my car had bought it, installed it and removed it because of the noise. He gave it to me when I bought the car. I thought, how bad could it be? Well I installed it and found out. Everything buzzed and rattled, including the floor pan.

I ended up using and extensive amount of dynomat in the cabin and between the shifter base and the floorpan. That reduced the NVH to a tolerable level, but it still bugs me some times, I've just gotten used to it.

Other than that, I like the shifter, you can customize the length of the throw and it's very stout.

In later verisons they replaced the poly bushings with some softer material (rubber?).
do you know what color the newer bushings are? here is the part number he gave me part # 555-7305
Old 07-17-2009, 03:40 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

i think that might just be yours, mine shifts like a hot knife through butter at high rpms lol
Old 07-17-2009, 03:45 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

guess its just mine...either way its gotta go.......it was fine before the supercharger
Old 07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

exactly the reason why i went back to stock. I actually enjoy the stock shifter now, although its too wussy. I can bear with it. Ahh the joy of nothing rattling anymore
Old 07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

the steeda feels like a strong stock shifter, the throws even on there shortest are nothing close to the hurst, my bet is u hate it once u install it and wonder why u did the exchange. I went from steeda to the hurst and the hurst is a actual sts the steeda is more like just bullet proof strong but not very short at all.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
the steeda feels like a strong stock shifter, the throws even on there shortest are nothing close to the hurst, my bet is u hate it once u install it and wonder why u did the exchange. I went from steeda to the hurst and the hurst is a actual sts the steeda is more like just bullet proof strong but not very short at all.
i dont mind it being longer than the hurst...but the hurst sometimes will NOT go into gear...it miss so many gears with it not....even once it would go from 3rd to 4th.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

I have one, I had Steeda put it in. I don't remember but I think they use the stock shifters bushings these days. I honestly can't remember. But I have zero problems with noise, vibrations etc. I love the thing. The Hurst and stock shifters are worthless.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

mgw mgw mgw mgw

Quick Reply: Anyone with Steeda Tri Axe Shifter?