Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
MyKonaBlues

Thanks Natasha. I love the car and the service people I work with. I look forward to continuing my support for my local dealerships.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by MyKonaBlues
Thanks Natasha. I love the car and the service people I work with. I look forward to continuing my support for my local dealerships.
Thank you very much for your support of the dealership! It is very appreciated.

~Natasha
Old 09-28-2011, 06:36 AM
mbyers

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi mbyers,

I'm pleased that you had a positive experience with your dealer, and I know that sound can be annoying. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can review your ACM issue.

~Natasha
I just wanted to follow-up, and am posting vs PM.
Since I was bringing in the car again (for oil change & Satellite issues) I re-ran this test before going in. In my garage I can hear it. It is very difficult to hear, and you need good hearing.
When I tune to strong FM station and then turn volume to Zero, I can VERY faintly hear the FM station. It is hard to hear over the white noise. I switched to Sirrus (just press the Sirrus button) and I can still hear the FM. Change volume to 1 and I hear the Sirrus station.
The dealer could not re-create the bleed through, just the white noise. They called the hot-line and they said to test like cars. Of course they have the white noise problem, we all know this is a design issue with the radio. I did sat in parking lot with tech and with the ambient noise couldn't hear the bleed through. At this point I'm just not going to worry about it anymore. I like my dealer too much to make them keep going through this. Ford knows the issue is there and hopefully they will address in feature models.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:55 AM
bigbirdwpg

Originally Posted by mbyers
I just wanted to follow-up, and am posting vs PM.
Since I was bringing in the car again (for oil change & Satellite issues) I re-ran this test before going in. In my garage I can hear it. It is very difficult to hear, and you need good hearing.
When I tune to strong FM station and then turn volume to Zero, I can VERY faintly hear the FM station. It is hard to hear over the white noise. I switched to Sirrus (just press the Sirrus button) and I can still hear the FM. Change volume to 1 and I hear the Sirrus station.
The dealer could not re-create the bleed through, just the white noise. They called the hot-line and they said to test like cars. Of course they have the white noise problem, we all know this is a design issue with the radio. I did sat in parking lot with tech and with the ambient noise couldn't hear the bleed through. At this point I'm just not going to worry about it anymore. I like my dealer too much to make them keep going through this. Ford knows the issue is there and hopefully they will address in feature models.
My 2012 GT/CS with Shaker 1000 does that too. Kind of annoying.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by mbyers
The dealer could not re-create the bleed through, just the white noise. They called the hot-line and they said to test like cars. Of course they have the white noise problem, we all know this is a design issue with the radio. I did sat in parking lot with tech and with the ambient noise couldn't hear the bleed through.
Hi mbyers,

Your positive feedback on your dealer is appreciated, and I'm sorry they were unable to replicate the bleed through. If it increases, please let them know so they can review.

Originally Posted by bigbirdwpg
My 2012 GT/CS with Shaker 1000 does that too. Kind of annoying.
Hi bigbirdwpg,

If your radio noise becomes more of an issue, I suggest visiting your dealer so they can listen and work to silence it. While there, you may want to try out a similarly equipped Mustang to see if it sounds the same.

~Natasha
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

I know this is an old topic, but my 2010 that I just bought has this issue. Ford replaced the entire head unit and the control module. It still has the white noise issue. They will be replacing the amp next week to see if that fixes it. Thank goodness for warranties!

UPDATE* Amp was replaced, still get static in speakers. Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville, TN states the static as "acceptable" wtf???

Last edited by sbradle4; 02-29-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
kr3lc

Exclamation Does a head unit replacement remove the noise?

I've had a 2010 with Shaker 500 just two months and I'm really annoyed by the noise at low to no volume. I do have a nice aftermarket head unit that I removed from a 2005 Mustang that I am thinking of installing into the 2010. I know about the panel, and issues with keeping Sync and steering wheel controls and despite those hurdles I make the change up if it will get rid of this noise. Does replacing the head unit with an aftermarket head unit also replace the ACM, which I think has been pinpointed as the real source of the noise?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:33 PM
witchdoc

I have the white noise as well when key is OFF and hiss stays on until the lights turn off.
It is loud enough when driving with all radio nav etc turned off to hear as well.
My 2011 has NAV . bELOW is copy paste from another site on this :I am taking car in tomorrow "for them to look at"

When you unlock the car the head unit is booted up - this gives it more time to boot up (initialise the sat nav, read the map, get a GPS fix, etc.) - but it displays a blank screen until you turn the ignition on.

Similarly when you turn the ignition off it doesn't actually turn off the head unit, it again goes into this "hidden state" which it only exits when you either lock the car or after around 30 minutes. This is so that it won't have to reboot if it's only a short stop.

The amplifier enable line is (unfortunately) taken active even when the head unit is in this "hidden state" - hence the hiss from the speakers even when the head unit is apparently off.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 AM
mbyers

witchdoc, that is good information. Finally something that 'makes sense' in explaining what is going on. Still a design flaw, but at least we know what the flaw is :-)
Old 12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
witchdoc

Ok lousy Christmas present ,as Ford changed "head unit ' Sub woofer amps and all other Ford Tech suggestions and of course ,white noise ,was still there. Oh well, they did try very hard to correct it. Classified as "normal" noise with Shaker and Nav unit. until something in a TSB corrects it. Car now in storage until spring thaw .

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise