Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 PM
tutone56
1st Gear Member

I've been away for a bit - anything new on the white noise issue?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:27 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

my car has done this from day one. I only notice it when I park and turn the motor off and the radio stays on. typically I'm playing something from my iphone and when I unplug it I'll hear the noise until I open the door and everything turns off. since I'm rarely in the car without the engine on it's not the end of the world but it's dissappointing that this is the only car I've ever had this problem in and it's brand new. oh well, american engineering at it's finest!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
jrny99

We understand that there are people who are having the same issue with static noise while listening to the radio at low volume in their 2010 Ford Mustang GT. *Ford Motor Company proactively monitors the performance of our products through dealership and customer feedback. *If a concern is noted, a recall is conducted to remedy a safety or emissions concern in the interest of customer satisfaction and environmental responsibility. *Field Service Actions or recalls are released to ensure the appropriate corrections are performed promptly by an authorized F/L/M dealer. *

Ford and the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) work together to proactively identify areas of concern through investigation of consumer and dealer feedback. *During an investigation Ford cooperates fully with NHTSA. *Ford does not speculate on the outcome of any current investigation or future actions. *Due to our rigorous safety standards and constant testing, not all issues result in Field Service Actions or Customer Satisfaction Programs. *If a program is announced on a specific component, Ford will notify you by mail.

For more information on Ford Motor Company recalls or concerns you may be having with your vehicle, please contact your dealership directly.

To locate the nearest dealership in your area, please visit our website at: *www.fordowner.com

from ford today
Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Reapman

Just a quick update.. they finally were able to do the work at the dealer for me, had no issues and the new radio doesn't have the hiss at all.

No problems with getting them to do the work for free under warranty, although a printout of this forum topic did help do some convincing...
Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Reapman
Just a quick update.. they finally were able to do the work at the dealer for me, had no issues and the new radio doesn't have the hiss at all.

No problems with getting them to do the work for free under warranty, although a printout of this forum topic did help do some convincing...
Can you post a copy of the receipt with your personal information grayed out so that we can see what they did? Thanks.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Reapman

Should be able to, probably get that done and posted early next week.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
kevinw22

Just got my 2010 GT Premium early last month, not sure when it was built, but I have the noise too. In the garage, engine off, listening to a CD, in between songs or when it's rotating to another CD, it sounds like it is hissing and also picking up a radio station. I'll check more details and post later.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:44 PM
tomz

Originally Posted by Reapman
Should be able to, probably get that done and posted early next week.
Thanks in advance!

We need more ammunition!

Tomz
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 PM
tomz

Originally Posted by kevinw22
Just got my 2010 GT Premium early last month, not sure when it was built, but I have the noise too. In the garage, engine off, listening to a CD, in between songs or when it's rotating to another CD, it sounds like it is hissing and also picking up a radio station. I'll check more details and post later.
Think about talk programs, like sports, news, and talk radio. This noise is REALLY annoying with them.

On that note, I've been told about a national radio show, called "Car Talk" on NPR? I think they may be also known as Click and Clack or Tom and Ray. Anybody that calls in to them could get some NATIONAL EXPOSURE from someone actually specializing in talk radio.

Apparently we are not making enough noise.

Tomz
Old 06-06-2010, 02:00 AM
CGameProgrammer

Has anyone ever had this issue with a 2011? I know the radio is supposed to be the same but maybe it was fixed before production began?

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise