Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Got GT?
I took delivery of my new GT yesterday. I love it, but the electonics/nav system seems to be smarter than I am. I'm still working out the details on programming it.

I've seen that before

Been in a Lexus where the d*mn thing wouldn't stop talking back at you. Sometimes you just want to yell "Shut the F up!"
Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT_n00b
Ya I understand it should take some amount of time. But when you have your dealerships telling customers that its going to take 6-8 weeks and then it takes 6+8 weeks, (including a 2 week delay because the train carrying it across country broke down) I would figure the dealership would do everything to get the car as quickly as possible.

This has definitely been a frustrating experience. I always thought my first new car buying experience would be fun but this has been far from it. On top of all of this, a week after I put my order in, a person I work with has since ordered an Audi A5, flown to Germany to test drive it, and is currently waiting on it to be dropped off (ETA this coming Friday). So it doesn't help that he will get his German built car quicker than mine. What can you do though? I guess I will go back to waiting and reading how everyone else is loving their Mustang.
I just ordered my 2010 GT Premium. I have ordered many many cars in my life, I like to get the vehicle the way and color I want. When you order a vehicle, you need to be patient. I have had them come super fast, super slow and in between. If you cannot handle the wait, you shouldn't be ordering because many delays can and will happen from time to time. When I place an order, I just forget about it. It will get to the dealer, sooner or later. It will show up. It always does. So, I don't worry about it, the dealer will call me when it gets there. They are in the business to sell you the car after all. No sense in calling and bugging them. They, in most cases, cannot do anything to make it go faster and trust me, they want to sell you the car just as much as you want to drive it home. A few weeks or months one way or the other doesn't really matter much, after all I will be living with the car for a while. The truly great thing about ordering any vehicle is that it will show up and be exactly as you ordered (99% of the time) and you don't need to feel as though you would have wished for this option or that as you do from dealer stock.

I remember one time I ordered a 99 E350 Turbo Diesel Chateau in a Green/Grey color combo. When it arrived (and before I saw it) we were talking and the dealer said "lets go take a look at your pretty red van". The look on my face must have been priceless as the dealer started laughing is a$$ off. Of course, it was Green/Grey just as I had ordered.

Be patient my friend. You will enjoy it when it finally gets to your driveway.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:28 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Got GT?
I took delivery of my new GT yesterday. I love it, but the electonics/nav system seems to be smarter than I am. I'm still working out the details on programming it.
LOL..not sure this constitutes a 2010 problem...more like operator error but i do feel your pain. I have the NAV system as well and have cussed it out a few times
Old 10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
mondo73
2nd Gear Member

The problem that I'm having is that that the idle goes high and then low. Then after driving it for about thirty minutes, it kills. Will be taking it back to the dealer.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Default First 1K and Counting...

My 2010 Sterling GT with Red Interior and Electronics Package has just crossed 1000 miles full of smiles!

I added a vinyl nose protector to avoid those nicks as you rapidly approach slower traffic...

The best thing I did was get the electronics package. The only problem I have with it is constantly cleaning off fingerprints!

As far as the mechanics, well the only issue I have is my wife. She is begining to complain that I spend too much time driving my new car. I hope she doen't deliver an ultimatum!

That would be a tough choice!

Seriously, so far my 10 Stang has been perfect (knock on wood).

For all you waiting for delivery: Hang in there, it's most definitly worth it!

Joe F
Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM
ElRoberto

Hit 10K miles the other day. Couldn't get my tires rotated because the thread was to low on the passenger rear, wonder how that happened
Old 10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ElRoberto
Hit 10K miles the other day. Couldn't get my tires rotated because the thread was to low on the passenger rear, wonder how that happened
wow! you've hit 10k already haha! When did you get your car?

I went from nyc to Tennessee. Tennessee to New Orleans. Then New Orleans to Nyc. In total, 3,500 miles-knock on wood everything went well. And just got the car on Saturday the 10th of October.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wise_jonny
... I went from nyc to Tennessee. Tennessee to New Orleans. Then New Orleans to Nyc. In total, 3,500 miles-knock on wood everything went well. And just got the car on Saturday the 10th of October.
You may now consider your break-in period complete.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTPony
You may now consider your break-in period complete.
haha i think so

well worth the miles
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
pcurtis

Originally Posted by InfernoEffect
No problems for me... yet... *knocks on wood*
Same for me no problems; except I am looking at the Ford 475HP super charger. Yes, I could have had a GT500, but the gas guzzler tax killed the thought for me.

Quick Reply: What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?