Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullitt intake help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
chris_u

Default bullitt intake help

hello everyone i need some help. my son can decide on what intake he wantsfor his 08 GT.
so im asking you guy what you think about the following intakes systems

1. ford bullitt intake. i like this one because it comes with a tuner that does not void the warranty.

2. the shaker hood setup. i know this one is a lot of work to install.

3. what do you guys think

also do all aftermarket tuners void the warranty. and if you guys can tell me who as the best prices on intakes. thanks for the help i really do appreciate it.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

The Shaker is more of a cosmetic thing, most people say it doesnt do much of anything. As long as you flash back to the stock tune before taking it to the dealer your golden. They can tell when it was last changed but not how/why/by who
Old 08-02-2009, 02:26 AM
mississippimustang
1st Gear Member

ive been trying to make the same tough decision myself. I've heard the same thing about the shaker systems, but they do look pretty awesome, i'd just be too afraid to mess up my hood. I'm thinking about getting a JLT CAI with a tuner but the decision is yet to be made
Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

the "Bullitt" intake is not a Bullitt specific item.

it is just a standard item that comes with the Bullitt.

Visit the Ford Racing website. It's a Ford Racing Cold Air intake and their tuning to utilize the CAI. My Bullitt is rated for 315 HP from the factory...so I'm guessing that the FRPP CAI and tune will get you somewhere in that vicinity.

ALL TUNERS VOID YOUR WARRANTY. it's just a matter of getting caught with one.

I personally love my FRPP CAI. Very nice...and you know it was designed from the ground up by the actual engineers who designed the car. Not fabbed up to match afterwards by an aftermarket company. But there are cheaper alternatives out there.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:59 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
ALL TUNERS VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
It depends on the dealer and the type of warranty work performed. My dealer knew that my 05 GT had an aftermarket tune and CAI, and they replaced a faulty fuel pump, a faulty battery, and a sticking parking brake cable, in addition to fixing a leak that was dripping water into the trunk with no questions asked. However, none of these warranty fixes involved the drivetrain, which may have been a different story.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Bullitt CAI and tune does have normal warranty when installed at the dealer only.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ski
However, none of these warranty fixes involved the drivetrain, which may have been a different story.
exactly

the tuner voids the powertrain warranty at least partially, and up to 100% depending on the strictness of the Dealership.

Not saying don't use them...but be careful.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

an aftermarket tuner does NOT automatically void your warranty! This has been discussed a million times here.

It's just that if you have an engine problem and try taking it to the dealership for repairs and they determine that your new tune was responsible for the engine problem they will not honor your warranty for that issue. Some dealerships will automatically look for aftermarket tunes in cars with fuel injection problems.

Other service depts might not care, but considering that Ford doesn't pay as much for warranty work they'd rather have you pay.

I always advise anyone who prefers the insurance of a fully warrantied Mustang to go with a dealer-installed FRRP kit. If there's a problems with the CAI or tune (which is often the case) the dealer will have to fix it, and you won't be one of the many, weekly posters here asking what went wrong with your tune.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 AM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Like mentioned earlier if the cai isn't certified, ford won't fix problems that are caused by the intake or think it might be, depending on the dealer of course.

Personal opinion, get an aftermarker cai like steeda or jlt and if you get problems with your car replace it with the stock one then take it to the dealer. Might be hassle but at least you're getting more from the intake than a FRPP one.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Well the intake and tune (Be it ford's or aftermarket) will net you more performance gain, but the shaker does look cool, oh and I've seen dealers install the shaker on a car before it's even sold. A lot depends on you dealer too.

Quick Reply: bullitt intake help