Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:08 PM
scottma

Default Should I be concerned?

I Have been expecting my new Mustang to be delivered to the dealer last week. The car was at a mixing center after coming off of the train to be loaded onto a carrier to be delivered to my dealer.

The dealer just informed me that the reason it was late was because the car would not start at the mixing center so they ( the people at the mixing center) sent it to be repaired. The dealer told me it has been fixed and is being scheduled for delivery to them tomorrow. The dealer does not know at this point what was wrong but is going to try and find out for me. This is a great dealer by the way, and I have full faith in them.

That being said. How concerned should I be? Has anyone heard of this kind of thing happening before? The dealer said it could have been something very simple like a loose battery connection or something, but that they would do everything they could to get me a full report on what the problem was and they would also take extra time in inspecting the vehicle as they prepped it for me when it arrives. Any Ford people on this forum that could tell me if this kind of thing happens from time to time?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I be concerned?

That's a new one on me. I would take my saleperson for a LONG test ride before accepting delivery though.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Most likely the "inertia" switch had been tripped during the trip. I have had mine trip by itself on a few occassions. The reset is in the lower drivers side kick panel. Just a reach down, push the button and off you go. The dealer told me that he has seen it happen a few times, without a cause. The switch is meant to shut off the fuel flow in the event of a collision. But both times it happened to me the car was running fine, I shut it down for gas and it would not start up again. reset it and off I went. I would think that it is no cause for alarm.... besides... that is what the warranty is for anyway...
Old 07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
scottma

Thanks. I will ask them if this was the problem.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Don't ask them directly - let them tell you what they found!! If you ask them about the inertia switch then most likely they will tell you indeed that was it - when maybe it wasn't!!