Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

Old 07-07-2005, 04:35 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

I don't have any pressing issues, but I'm only now nearing 800 miles (3 weeks). My Shaker 500 is occasionally "finicky", but it doesn't push the realm of replacement. I've noticed some of the stitching on the vert roof near the rear window has frayed a bit, but I haven't gotten back there yet to check it out. Both of these are pretty negligible right now. Aside from that I seem to be good to go.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

1,400 miles, only minor Shaker 500 skips. On my road trip home after picking it up, I had a CD filled with MP3's (About 120 songs) and there were very minor, nearly undetectable skips on about 5 songs.

Aside from that, it's been everything I'd hoped it would be.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

The little piece of plastic that goes on the door lock on the driver side door come off every so often when I close the door. Next time I am near the dealership, I will let them know so they can take one off another car...
Old 07-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

I noticed one little screw missing from inside right front wheel well that screws in to the front bumper. I'll unscrew the one from the other side - take the screw in to Ford dealership (right across the street from my office) and ask for a replacement twin.
Everythlng else is perfect!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Two items:
- Popping struts (already fixed)
- One piece of the vert weatherstripping was deformed (dealership now has the new one, I need to go back in for that)

That's it! Everything else has been great with it.

==Air Conditioner: AC won’t cool car when temp above 95 degrees. Works OK when cooler ==

Sounds like something may be wrong with yours. Mine is working fine in our 100 degree weather even though it's a black car with black top.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Popping struts (TSB)
clanking/spitting noise while driving and idling (including while parked and on)
Trunk seems to unlatch frequently.

No CD problems
No gas tank issues
Old 07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Besides the damage I did by avoiding the guy coming in to my lane, I have had no problems with my car. 800 miles in just under 4 weeks of driving. Have barely driven it the last two weeks since its in the shop.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:21 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GWFoos

Popping struts (TSB)
clanking/spitting noise while driving and idling (including while parked and on)
Trunk seems to unlatch frequently.

No CD problems
No gas tank issues
GW... do you keep anything tall in your trunk? I ask because once I had a 5-gal bucket in there (car cleaning supplies, etc.), and it got caught on the emergency trunk release and opened the truck.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

The doors fell off!
The doors of the rice burner that tried to tail me on the Freeway late at night!
I pulled away from him so fats he got out of his car to see if something had broken in it!

Anyway, since i don't remember seeing a date for the suspension popping noise I'd say listen to your car when parking after about 1200 miles. Try a home made CD in the cd player, and since you have auto, i have problems with the shifter. When starting out and shifting into reverse, I pull back after depressing the left button and the shifter gets hung up or somethng. I have to push it forward and then it'll go back. Had a similar problem with not being able to pull the ignition key out. Safety device in there thought i was still in drive even though I'd put it in Park. That hasn't happened in a while but the other prob is there still...
Hope your later model doesn't get these bugs.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Blue05GT

I have an early 05 GT with 13,500 miles, a daily driver since December

The struts pop and creak, I am still waiting for the correct parts.
CD skips, waiting on parts again
Gas tank would not fill, replaced after I made them fill it.
Paint has extreme orange peal and has spots from acid rain and factory pollution,
also was not completely painted under the hood and near the strut towers and gas cap cover.
The rear end whines closed throttle from 50 through 40 on any pavement
It will not shift down on full throttle at times no matter the speed.

But it will smoke the tires, turn, stop and accelerate very well.

I still love the car with all the issues but it only makes it an outstanding car instead of an incredible car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?