Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

citation for that horrible thread title....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

Default citation for that horrible thread title....

i got a citation after seven months of tint on my lights what the crap??? 41-6a-1618 is the code. Should i fight it they barely have one coat of vht night shades they dont change the brightness or the color at all.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 PM
edawgdesigns.com
Former Sponsor

Best thing to do is just to google that citation number and see what kinds of info comes up and maybe try to develop a strategy, you might find a post from some other site where a person fought that particular citation successfully.

Other than that, your best option is to just show up in court with some photos of your lights and show they're not affected by the tint. You have to be able to sway the judge somehow. If it's just a simple fix-it ticket try to talk the cop out of it.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

check the state law. I know when I did it I checked. it was 75 feet visibility at day required and 200 and night. Mine are visible at a bit longer distance than that so I know I can fight it if some cop decides to challange the law with a ticket lol

Never had an issue though with that. Like I said. check the state law. You can find most of those on the DMV website .or a link to them
Old 08-21-2009, 10:49 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

In CA, tinting your lights is illegal- no matter how slight. Besides being a truly stupid mod (you want people to know you're stopping right?), it's a simple fix-it ticket out here. I think you're stuck paying the fine.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:53 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

How much is it for?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
In CA, tinting your lights is illegal- no matter how slight. Besides being a truly stupid mod (you want people to know you're stopping right?), it's a simple fix-it ticket out here. I think you're stuck paying the fine.
If the lights are smoked correctly, its not going to change the color of the light or make it less obvious you're braking. I'd even argue that black to bright red is more noticeable than red to brighter red.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

if Ford could have gotten away with the legality of tinted lights, you know they would be offered.

and every aftermarket company would offer them as well

just pay the ticket and get legal lights. This isn't one of those things you can just get away with
Old 08-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

You can get aftermarket smoked lights and several Mercedes Benzes and VW's come stock with smoked lights.

In some states you're not allowed to alter the light, this is a catch all for enforcing laws like 75 ft day 200 ft night.

Politicians are too lazy to make the law smart or reasonable. Mercedes can smoke their lights but you can't for no good reason.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Legion5
You can get aftermarket smoked lights and several Mercedes Benzes and VW's come stock with smoked lights.

In some states you're not allowed to alter the light, this is a catch all for enforcing laws like 75 ft day 200 ft night.

Politicians are too lazy to make the law smart or reasonable. Mercedes can smoke their lights but you can't for no good reason.
Could it be because those ******** politicians drive said Mercedes on our dime??
Like Samuel L. Jackson would say... "Mother F#ckers!!"
Old 08-22-2009, 09:30 AM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Could it be because those ******** politicians drive said Mercedes on our dime??
Like Samuel L. Jackson would say... "Mother F#ckers!!"
LOL Pascal, you're too funny

Quick Reply: citation for that horrible thread title....