Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good & Bad news at the Dyno

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black Mamba GTT
What kind of dyno was it?
+1

my 05 made 425 rwhp & 404rwtq @ 8.11 psi on a Mustang Dyno....and I had 20's all the way around (the only difference was that I had a 5spd & 3.55's)...but if you were on a dynojet, your numbers should have been much higher
Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
+1

my 05 made 425 rwhp & 404rwtq @ 8.11 psi on a Mustang Dyno....and I had 20's all the way around (the only difference was that I had a 5spd & 3.55's)...but if you were on a dynojet, your numbers should have been much higher
Not sure what one it was but I'll check next time I'm back but it did make a funny sound after my 426 run. Just before my wheels came to a stop the dyno let out a loud squeak followed by a thud kind of sound when it stopped. To me it sounded like something was broke. It did not make that sound on the first two runs so whatever that sound was could be why the RWTQ number was so far off. My club has a dyno day coming up in the next month or two at a much nicer dyno shop where I will run the car again to recheck the numbers this dyno is saying. Doug does not really like to use the one we used but its the only one that we can get on after hours and the guy who owns it does not charge an arm and a leg to use. But I'm with you Cam, if I was putting out 426.74 RWHP I should of have 404+ RWTQ and not 360.72 something is just not right about that......

I'm sitting here looking at my run chart and I see something that could be whats wrong with the torque. The torque line and HP line look all most the same at the beinging of the run but once the car hit 4,500 RPMs the torque line flat lines at 350 and stays there all the way to 6,000 RPMs where it jumps up again. I'll see if I can get this scaned so I can post it and maybe someone who really knows what they are looking at can tell me if the dyno is broken or not.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 08-27-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM
bbacon05
1st Gear Member

Nice numbers for the stock pump, are you going to get the BAP working or just go with the gt500 pump? I can't wait to get my blower installed next month
Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Sounds pretty good, post up more results after you work some of the kinks out. Not only does your car look awesome, its got enough power to back it up too!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here is the video of the run. Sorry the sound is not to great but it was so loud in that enclosed area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03_iTsRHkg
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here is the video of the run. Sorry the sound is not to great but it was so loud in that enclosed area. Two things to note in the video, 1. You can hear a little ticking noise which is an exhaust leak. And 2. Notice how you can tell the car still has a lot more power to put out. It was dropped off to the shop today to have the BAP fixed, the MAFia installed and the exhaust leak fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03_iTsRHkg

Last edited by CutterWolf; 08-27-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hope everything pans out and it looks like a dynojet so your numbers will be higher after the BAP is working and the Mafia is installed. My question is why require a mafia? Isn't the CAI big enough (diameter) to accommodate more air? Have others done this as well? I know turbo users usually have one and some H.O. centri's running over 450 RWHP. Whipple has a 95mm CAI I believe and I have no Mafia as I was told the CAI tube was big enough to get all the air it needed for the 10.9 psi I am running now.

I ran the stock pump for a yr at 465 RWHP and added the GT500 dual pumps after and the duty cycle dropped big time (which is great). I never had any issues.... I do have to say I have 60# injectors and I know that makes a difference.

Thanks for the tip on the 06 stock pump wiring not being up to par to handle the extra voltage. (not that it matters now for my setup)

Let us know how she runs after the corrected and added mods and I know I dont have to tell you this but make sure the runs are in 4th gear......it sounded like that to me in the video but just checking......you definitely have alot left in the motor esp with how short and quiet that run was above.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

I love your car and great numbers! I feel like my BAP doesn't work and was wondering how i can test it. how did you fix your BAP?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:24 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the Novi! Its a great kit. I am currently running the BAP as well, I have had no issues with it. I talked to Seth @ Brenspeed awhile back about the Mafia vs. the stock. He said that they send stock extensions with their kits and they work just fine. I was told I wouldn't even need to upgrade to the Mafia unless I really wanted to push the power up over 500 to the wheels. Although when I had my kit installed @ DTP in VA they went ahead and installed the Mafia and set it on 0. Which is identical as stock so the MAF should be good unless its defective in some way. Keep us posted.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Hope everything pans out and it looks like a dynojet so your numbers will be higher after the BAP is working and the Mafia is installed. My question is why require a mafia? Isn't the CAI big enough (diameter) to accommodate more air? Have others done this as well? I know turbo users usually have one and some H.O. centri's running over 450 RWHP. Whipple has a 95mm CAI I believe and I have no Mafia as I was told the CAI tube was big enough to get all the air it needed for the 10.9 psi I am running now.

I ran the stock pump for a yr at 465 RWHP and added the GT500 dual pumps after and the duty cycle dropped big time (which is great). I never had any issues.... I do have to say I have 60# injectors and I know that makes a difference.

Thanks for the tip on the 06 stock pump wiring not being up to par to handle the extra voltage. (not that it matters now for my setup)

Let us know how she runs after the corrected and added mods and I know I dont have to tell you this but make sure the runs are in 4th gear......it sounded like that to me in the video but just checking......you definitely have alot left in the motor esp with how short and quiet that run was above.
Ya Jay, the CAI is way big enough to get all the air it needs but that's not the problem. The problem is no matter how big the CAI the MAF is only going to read so much air. So you have to change out your MAF to one that can read the higher air flow or get a MAFia that can boost your stock MAF up letting it read more air. And "yes" Doug locks 4th gear in so it can't shift to 5th durring the dyno runs

Last edited by CutterWolf; 08-28-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good & Bad news at the Dyno