Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Alarms...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NickelDime
Again, people just don't care when they hear alarms.

I don't think thieves care, either.

It's a complete waste of money.

You forgot to add (IMO) "in my opinion"!

Might be a complete waste of money to you but can be peice of mind to someone else.

I don't care if someone else cares if my car alarm is going off or not, the only one that should care is me! And I'm sure who ever is messing with the vehicle will care too with it being that loud.

Car alarms have evoled since 1997 and have some useful features like remote start, engine timers, pagers with displays.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 PM
NickelDime
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BL00DSH0T
You forgot to add (IMO) "in my opinion"!

Might be a complete waste of money to you but can be peice of mind to someone else.

I don't care if someone else cares if my car alarm is going off or not, the only one that should care is me! And I'm sure who ever is messing with the vehicle will care too with it being that loud.

Car alarms have evoled since 1997 and have some useful features like remote start, engine timers, pagers with displays.
What you refer to as "peace of mind", is also known as "a false sense of security."
Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

If he wants an alarm he wants an alarm. If you don;'t like it fine. It's your opinion but now you are going beyond stating your opinion and being a complete azzhole.... just my opinion
Old 08-28-2009, 06:19 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

What you refer to as "peace of mind", is also known as "a false sense of security."
Maybe in your mind, but I know how to install car alarms and know how they work. I know that if some wants your car and they have the means they can get it. Car alarms by no way make any car impossible to steal, BUT THEY DO DETER ALOT OF ATTEMPS! And that fact along gives them "piece of mind"!

It is closed mindedness that will make you stick to your "false sense of security".

My piece of mind is I will know if someone messes with my vehicle as I will hear it and get a page on the remote. And the only way you will ever know is to go and see it way after it has happened.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 PM
NickelDime
1st Gear Member

Agree, if the OP wants an alarm, so be it. I wasn't intentionally being an a$$hole against him/her specifically - this is a board with lots of readers.

The vast majority of alarm/stereo shops out there are hacks. I worked at two shops (one very large, one boutique) for 4 years - it all depends on the gear AND the installer. There are only a few companies that make alarms that market many brands (DEI, as an example) that have largely the same electronics. The alarm itself is a very small cost; it's generally the labor that's 40-60% of the investment.

Look, we've spent a lot of money on these cars and there are plenty of folks asking for our hard earned dollars all over the place for all sorts of mods.

My comments were a general statement for the rest of the crowd as something to think about before they go out and spend their coin on a mod that probably isn't going to return much other than another noisemaker in the parking lot.

I can't control if that viewpoint elicits reactions from folks who strongly believe in alarms.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:08 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Agree, if the OP wants an alarm, so be it. I wasn't intentionally being an a$$hole against him/her specifically - this is a board with lots of readers.

The vast majority of alarm/stereo shops out there are hacks. I worked at two shops (one very large, one boutique) for 4 years - it all depends on the gear AND the installer. There are only a few companies that make alarms that market many brands (DEI, as an example) that have largely the same electronics. The alarm itself is a very small cost; it's generally the labor that's 40-60% of the investment.

Look, we've spent a lot of money on these cars and there are plenty of folks asking for our hard earned dollars all over the place for all sorts of mods.

My comments were a general statement for the rest of the crowd as something to think about before they go out and spend their coin on a mod that probably isn't going to return much other than another noisemaker in the parking lot.

I can't control if that viewpoint elicits reactions from folks who strongly believe in alarms.
Agreed, but anyone who reads the thread probably got your point and how you feel after your second post for sure. Now it just seems like your going on and on repeating the same things in a different way. Sounds like bickering now thats all.

Appreciate your chiming in with your opinion though, but lets not keep it going is all.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:00 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

CCTV FTW!
Attached Thumbnails After Market Alarms...-screenshotsmall.jpg   After Market Alarms...-screenshot2small.jpg