Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying passenger door pop

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Dantheman

Default Annoying passenger door pop

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this mystery.....

Everytime I upshift or hit a bump, there is a popping noise from the passenger door. It almost sounds like it's coming from the latch area, like the door is loose on the doorstrike latch. I pushed in on the outside of the door just above the handle and it makes the same sound.....

It kind of reminds me of an old hot rod unibody type car that I used to have. Everytime I slammed the gas, the body would tweak a little causing the doors to make noises. I don't mind a few noises, but this is driving me nuts. Besides this is a new Mustang, not my old 67 Chevy 2. Anyone have the same issues? I would like to fix this myself rather than take it to the dealership under warranty. I don't them messing with my car.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dantheman
I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this mystery.....

Everytime I upshift or hit a bump, there is a popping noise from the passenger door. It almost sounds like it's coming from the latch area, like the door is loose on the doorstrike latch. I pushed in on the outside of the door just above the handle and it makes the same sound.....

It kind of reminds me of an old hot rod unibody type car that I used to have. Everytime I slammed the gas, the body would tweak a little causing the doors to make noises. I don't mind a few noises, but this is driving me nuts. Besides this is a new Mustang, not my old 67 Chevy 2. Anyone have the same issues? I would like to fix this myself rather than take it to the dealership under warranty. I don't them messing with my car.
Weird...maybe check the little piece of plastic insert behind the release lever?

If that doesn't work, it's not too difficult to take the whole panel off, although trying to find and fix these kinds of issues can be a real pain depending on the situation...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Check the tightness of the nut/stud on the bottom of the door and
behind the red reflector. These align the window mechanism.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 PM
fredlo69
1st Gear Member

By the door latch there should be a rubber ****. If its missing the door will rattle over bumps.