Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got new wheels installed but.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

i work at a small local shop and we only work on European cars (BMW, Merc. Audi, Porche) and the first thing i was told is you damage a car, it comes out your paycheck. my boss is very good with that he inspects everything once were done with it. every shop should be like that..

ive used a tire machine in the past and can see how it would be easy to scratch the rims but all they have to do is take their time.

glad it worked out for you, find a small local shop next time and ask people before you go anywhere!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Nuieve

I had WalMart damage my wheels. I didn't ask them to buy new ones (never belived it would fly), so I just brought them a quote for repair from the dealership ($600). Got a check a week later.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
I used a local tire shop that is a recommended installer by Tire Rack (where I bought my F1 tires) as they have a fairly new, touchless mounting machine.
On a prior car, I bought five tires directly from a tire shop that was a Tire Rack recommended installer. Don't make the mistake of thinking that a shop recommended by Tire Rack is necessarily good.

The shop installed four tires and discovered that the full size spare was the wrong size. While they were waiting for the correct tire to arrive, they parked my car across the street from their shop--door unlocked, driver's side window down, and key in the ignition!

After I left, I heard a clanking side coming from the left rear wheel. The shop left a 3/8" socket in between the wheel and the brake drum.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
glad to hear it all worked out allright.

similar story myself
I was being lazy on the family car not too long ago and let a Firestone Shop do a oil change for me.

I inspected the Air Filter in the parking lot and told them to go ahead and change that as well since it was black.

Came back a few hours later and picked it up. First thing I did was pop the hood and check the oil level. Then I noticed the air box lid. Rather than unsnapping the snaps, their idiot tech had used a screwdriver and pried it off...breaking all the mounting tabs in the process.

Took 3 weeks of arguing, and I had to involve the Corporate Offices on the Mainland and forced the District Manager to come visit, but I got it fixed finally. Just keep on those people[/indent]
There have been at least 5 instances in my family alone where Firestone has either screwed something up or DELIBERATELY sabotaged something.

The most common thing that has happened to us is they cut a belt, and say "yeah your belt is going bad we need to replace it."

Why the fam keeps going there is beyond me.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thedrod
There have been at least 5 instances in my family alone where Firestone has either screwed something up or DELIBERATELY sabotaged something.

The most common thing that has happened to us is they cut a belt, and say "yeah your belt is going bad we need to replace it."

Why the fam keeps going there is beyond me.
we haven't been back yet either.

I keep a charge account there for my wife. when I'm deployed, I need to know she can get her vehicle repair no questions asked...even if ridiculously expensive.

my last Firestone in Silverdale Washington was awesome. Knew the Manager by name, he knew our kid(s), always a class act.

it just sucks because 1 bad shop has ruined almost 10 yrs of me doing business with that company