Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PA State Cruise!!!.... September 19, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

UPDATE!!!!!

The route is set!!!!!!!!! This is a rough draft and if things need to be changed I will note them. This is to just give everyone an idea of what I am looking at. I am hoping to do a dry run before then.

If anyone has any suggestions and thinks I should make changes, especially those that live in the area and are familiar with the roads, please feel free to let me know. I am open to suggestions/changes.

DATE: September 19, 2010
TIME: 11:30am We will be departing at 12pm!!!!!

This gives us time to get together and look at the rides for a bit and have a meeting before we hit the road. I suggest bringing 2-way radios!!!!!

The end point is at an Olive Garden. It looks to be a huge shopping center with TONS of parking. For those that are not a fan of the Olive Garden, there are other venues in the same shopping center. PLEASE GIVE ME A HEAD COUNT WHO WILL BE EATING SO I CAN CALL AHEAD AND GIVE THEM NUMBERS!!!!!!

PLEASE do not feel obligated to stay and eat if you don't have time.

Map link is here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...354f34c4f&z=11

I hope we can get a good turnout. Let me know if you are able to join us so I can get a good head count.

THANK YOU!!!

1.) Croft(Laura)
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

The first post is also edited with the updated information!!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
effin' speedracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Croft
UPDATE!!!!!

The route is set!!!!!!!!! This is a rough draft and if things need to be changed I will note them. This is to just give everyone an idea of what I am looking at. I am hoping to do a dry run before then.

If anyone has any suggestions and thinks I should make changes, especially those that live in the area and are familiar with the roads, please feel free to let me know. I am open to suggestions/changes.

DATE: September 19, 2010
TIME: 11:30am We will be departing at 12pm!!!!!

This gives us time to get together and look at the rides for a bit and have a meeting before we hit the road. I suggest bringing 2-way radios!!!!!

The end point is at an Olive Garden. It looks to be a huge shopping center with TONS of parking. For those that are not a fan of the Olive Garden, there are other venues in the same shopping center. PLEASE GIVE ME A HEAD COUNT WHO WILL BE EATING SO I CAN CALL AHEAD AND GIVE THEM NUMBERS!!!!!!

PLEASE do not feel obligated to stay and eat if you don't have time.

Map link is here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...354f34c4f&z=11

I hope we can get a good turnout. Let me know if you are able to join us so I can get a good head count.

THANK YOU!!!

1.) Croft(Laura)
Looks good to me, the route goes right past my hunting camp (righ after you cross the bridge on Raystown lake) some nice twisty roads too. I plan on going.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by effin' speedracer
Looks good to me, the route goes right past my hunting camp (righ after you cross the bridge on Raystown lake) some nice twisty roads too. I plan on going.
Cool, I'm adding you to the list!

1. Croft
2. Effin' Speedracer
Old 07-17-2010, 05:52 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

3)baddog671 + gf

Looks good! Olive Garden shouldn´t be busy at that hour (I´m guessing 2ish), and there is PLENTY of parking. Alot of other restaurants in the immediate area, aswell.

Will shoot this info to my friends and see what they say. Might be too early for most of them to know, tho...
Old 07-17-2010, 06:32 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

I'll be #4 on the list!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

I know you said you'll be doing a dry run of the route, but do you know of any halfway points where we could set up for photos like we did last year? I'm sure there's got to be something around the lake...
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
effin' speedracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by o0xerog0o
I know you said you'll be doing a dry run of the route, but do you know of any halfway points where we could set up for photos like we did last year? I'm sure there's got to be something around the lake...
There are a few spots...

Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
3)baddog671 + gf

Looks good! Olive Garden shouldn´t be busy at that hour (I´m guessing 2ish), and there is PLENTY of parking. Alot of other restaurants in the immediate area, aswell.

Will shoot this info to my friends and see what they say. Might be too early for most of them to know, tho...
Cool!!! Yeah, I know this is way out there, but I figured I would get it started early so we can get as many folks as possible.

Keep spreading the word, thanks!

I'll be #4 on the list!
Cool!! Yeah, I am looking at doing a dry run of this next weekend possibly. I want to take care of it now before racing picks up in Fall.
Originally Posted by effin' speedracer
There are a few spots...

Any help with this would be great!

1. Croft
2. Effin' Speedracer
3. Baddog671
4. o0xerog0o

Keep spreading the word folks!

Last edited by Croft; 07-17-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:58 PM
effin' speedracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Croft
Any help with this would be great!

That picture was taken on Rt 994 right before you cross the the lake, there is a pull off with parking. I'm not sure if since it's summer now if the veiw would be as clear or not.

Quick Reply: PA State Cruise!!!.... September 19, 2010