Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Powertrain Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by inspecto
Ya want to bet??
Sure

I've passed plenty of previous gen GT Mustangs on the track. Not that it really says anything, but with equal drivers, sure, the GT would take me, however, drivers are rarely equal

A good driver in a V6 Mustang can and absolutely will pass a mediocre driver in a modified higher HP GT

Happens all the time in DE's / HPDEs

What ye sayeth to this?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NickelDime
This is the second forum update that involves a kick *** Mom.
LOL!!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:59 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTI-Guy
Sure

I've passed plenty of previous gen GT Mustangs on the track. Not that it really says anything, but with equal drivers, sure, the GT would take me, however, drivers are rarely equal

A good driver in a V6 Mustang can and absolutely will pass a mediocre driver in a modified higher HP GT

Happens all the time in DE's / HPDEs

What ye sayeth to this?

in a straight line i disagree. All you gotta do is mash the gas and shift right before the red line, not that hard. where an experienced driver comes in to play is when you get in the twisties. Really from a stop all you gotta know is how much skinny peddle you can give it with out breaking free and loosing traction.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTI-Guy

Horsepower is for guys that don't know how to drive well enough to maintain momentum
Uh, Considering my drive to work is a road course and I get to maintain momentum through red lights and hit every apex of every street corner, yeah that's true.

As childish as this sounds, Horsepower is for guys that want to go fast on an everyday basis..
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 AM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Uh, Considering my drive to work is a road course and I get to maintain momentum through red lights and hit every apex of every street corner, yeah that's true.

As childish as this sounds, Horsepower is for guys that want to go fast on an everyday basis..
I don't knock HP, it's just on the track (the kind with turns) I kinda' see it used as a crutch ... want to learn smoothness, line and balance? Go to the track with a slow car that handles like crap ... that's a great way to get the basics down

Nice drive! Wow, beautiful women seem to REALLY like you car!

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
in a straight line i disagree. All you gotta do is mash the gas and shift right before the red line, not that hard. where an experienced driver comes in to play is when you get in the twisties. Really from a stop all you gotta know is how much skinny peddle you can give it with out breaking free and loosing traction.
We agree! Again, not knocking drag racing, but on a race track that twists, skill makes more of a direct impact than HP

I posted my comment because some of the V6 people were taking heat that a 6 cylinder Mustang was not a REAL Mustang ... to that I say "phfftt!"

Take a 6 cylinder Mustang, add some suspension, tires and you can embarrass a lot of V8s on a road course
Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
turnercc
1st Gear Member

Guys, I hate to disagree with someone's mom, but I find it pretty hard to believe that they would offer the two new engines as options. Think about it. It would cost Ford a hell of a lot more to make four high production engines in the Romeo plant than just two. There would be very little advantage in doing so -- particularly with regards to the V6's. Furthermore, it's safe to say that it would be a bit ridiculous for the new V6 to crest 300 horsepower -- a move like that would make it too difficult to clear lots of older mustangs. Look for it to make around 270.
Also, the new 5.0 isn't a rumor anymore, it was confirmed by Ford Australia's product development director, Russell Christophers. In addition, 5.0 mustangs have been seen and heard running Ford's test track in Dearborn, MI.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

I agree.

It is more fuel to the fire...nothing is comfirmed only another rumor spread.
From a business stand point it would be foolish for Ford to replace the 4.6L when there are many sitting on the lots new.
I can see a 5.0L limited special edition coming out with a much higher price tag then the 4.6L
Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 PM
bgmikejr2009

To all:

Thats why she told me subject to change, I think in my view there will be a 5.0 introduced to take on the Camaro and the Challenger's 2011 new models, I think the real decision for it will be the economy of the country at that time or in the near future. Also take into consideration they are gonna give you options so I say give the public what they want and thats what Ford has intended to do as they didn't get government money which makes them able to do what they want with no government oversight on it liek the others at GM and Chrysler have. Makes it easier too that way
Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

This I do know. If the 5.0 doesn't come out at all or turns out to be short on the 400hp everyone is busy drooling over I'm going to EL OH EL because of all the people who are convinced it's going to be a reality. And for not much more money than the current 4.6 GT.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:44 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by THEBLACKSTANG
Wow, thats not ignorant at all.
my bad with the typo..i meant Most..not must... and its true...Most will buy a V8..key word is MOST!!!!! meaning not ALL

i venture to say MOST on here own a V8..not a V6...no where in there did i put down V6 owners..and of course if u own a V6...good for you..i was just stating whats good for me....if u love your V6 ..well then great...

Apparently, most look at what they think is the negative in the article.. i was just saying its great now as far as the competition... i loved my 06.. and dropped a lot of cash in it with mods...it was a awesome car....and thanks i do enjoy my 3....

lighten up people...relax...like i said i might be wrong ...but in MY opinion..and yes we all have one...if u can afford it and truly want a Mustang..MOST..MOST will buy the GT..for various reasons.. i an pretty sure 80% of the people on this site own V8..if not more..so that kinda proves my point..

at any rate we are on the same side..i owned 5 mustangs in my life and yes even a 4 1990 banger...and i love them all..didn't mean to offend..and if i did i apologize...

Quick Reply: 2011 Powertrain Confirmed