Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt H-Pipe Different Than GT H-Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Stang-n-Vette
1st Gear Member

Hey SD, if you could make a video with before and after sounds of both pipes, I'd really appreciate it!

I've got the GT and thinking about trying that same Bullitt H-pipe too. Just wondering what the difference in sound is.

Thanks!
Paul
Old 09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Well, right now I have an X-Pipe and Borla axleback with the cams and shortys...but yeah I can make a before/after. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot more of a deeper, rumbling sound...quite a bit louder too. I really want that old school muscle car sound! Hopefully I can find some Boomtubes before too long. If anybody spots some in the classifieds let me know por favor!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Hey SD where did you find the Bullitt H-Pipe and how much did it cost? I want to get Kooks long tube headers but I don't want to change my h-pipe and loose the Bullitt sound. I want to keep the sound just make it louder. I was thinking that if I get another Bullitt H-Pipe and modify it to fit the Kooks I can keep the Bullitt sound and make it louder. But if I ever need to go back to stock I will still have the original equipment.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

I found it for sale on another Mustang forum. I got it for $60 + shipping, pretty good price considering I never see them for sale.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:57 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I think alot of the difference in sound with the bullitts are in the owners head to justify the price over a GT. My mom has a 09 and hers didnt sound drasticaly different then my GT stock vs. stock. I mean it was just a little different but still, not nearly as hyped as people try to make it out to be. She ended up switching it out and now runs BBK long tubes with a a high flow catted X and boomtubes. She couldnt be happier.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

JD, I disagree with your statement about Bullitt owners justifying the price of the Bullitt over a GT. There are several GTs in my apt complex that are stock and one more Bullitt. I know a few of the GT owners and we can all tell the difference between the GTs and the Bullitts. Before we see it we know if it is a GT or a Bullitt. I am not saying the Bullitt sounds better I just like it. I remember when your Mom posted vids of her exhaust and it did sound good. Plus I paid $25000 for my Bullitt.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
I think alot of the difference in sound with the bullitts are in the owners head to justify the price over a GT. My mom has a 09 and hers didnt sound drasticaly different then my GT stock vs. stock. I mean it was just a little different but still, not nearly as hyped as people try to make it out to be. She ended up switching it out and now runs BBK long tubes with a a high flow catted X and boomtubes. She couldnt be happier.
Well I don't agree with that... I had a 2006 GT before my 2008 Bullitt and the difference was pretty damn different to me. The cool thing about it is no matter what else you change on the exhaust it keeps the DEEP Blurble characteristic of it. Also the Bullitt package is only another $3,200 or so and when you add up EVERYTHING that comes with it, it is not a bad deal at all. For example...: FRPP Strut Bar, Fully Leather-Wrapped Stearing Wheel (Much more comfortable then the stock GT one), GT500 Leather Seats (Much more comfortable then the GT ones), Gunmetal Dashboard Trim (I like it alot), FRPP CAI, Slighty more aggressive suspension then a stock GT (admidetely not great since most people change it anyway), Different Exhaust (Mid-Pipe, Mufflers), And of course the Bullitt Nostalgia.... wether you keep it stock or mod the hell out of it.. it's still a Bullitt and to me it makes it THAT much cooler when you do something to it. Also if you were to add everything I just listed together up in $price it would cost ALOT more then just getting the Bullitt.... oh also the Aluminum Shifter. But I guess your right we need to "act" like the exhaust is that much better to "justify" the price we pay... I think you should do some research before trying to trash on another car....
Old 09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Also here is a clip of my Bullitt (With the H Pipe) and 3" Magnaflow Magnapacks to give you an idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLEFrgJY9As

here is another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgE0Kxre-CE
Old 09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

see this is what I mean, I mention justifying the price of a bullitt and you get a few bullitt owners jump in and vigoriously defend it.... lol. Not saying the Bullitt package is a waste but I think the sticker on my moms bullitt was 32000 and there was a extra $1500 on that as a "Special Vehicle Fee"

That aside, I stick to my guns. Like I said there IS a deifference, but not that big. To 97% of people if you heard one comming and it drove by you at 35mph or more, you wouldnt tell the difference in the sound unless you were in the know and listening for it. Ford made it out like it was some big change in exhaust and really sounded like the movie when it just doesnt.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I will agree that FORD made it like it was a MASSIVE difference and definitely made it more then it was, but it is a difference thats all. Also Chub46 looks like you posted when I did lol >.<.

Quick Reply: Bullitt H-Pipe Different Than GT H-Pipe?