Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt H-Pipe Different Than GT H-Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Me like that Magnapack video...I had them on my 03 GT and loved the noise. It was just a wee bit to loud at times though.

wonder if I dynamatted my trunk and floorplan if I'd be satisfied with the noise?
Originally Posted by JDWalton
I think alot of the difference in sound with the bullitts are in the owners head to justify the price over a GT.
I paid $27,500 before taxes for my brand new 2009 Bullitt with 53 miles on odometer. Fully loaded with Shaker 1,000 and all the other crap I really didn't need/want.

I dare you to find a similarly equipped GT within even $3,000 of that price. You cannot even come close to it....especially after you add the Leather/Radio/Lighting crap...not to mention the mechanicals (CAI/Tune, the 3.73 gearset, GT500 Axles)
Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Branomano06GT, lol. You beat me to the punch this time, so I will with draw my comment.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

you guys are taking good deals and comparing to average GTs though in that price. The sticker was at least 31000 on those Bullitts and ford doesnt extend rebates to "special vehicles." My GT was 31,500 and with rebates got it for like 28,000. Mine was better equiped then my moms who walked out of the dealer for 33,500. There was no crazy incentives or didnt know anyone that got us a good deal, so I would say thats a better comparison.

ANYWAY, as I said, were talking about the difference in sound from the exhaust. Play a clip of the original, play a clip of the 09 bullitt, play a clip of a 09 GT. Then pick the 2 that sound the closest. My money is not on the Bullitt to Bullitt. All I was trying to say. shesh people get go deffensive when they spend extra money.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

I don't see the extra money in the Bullitt you’re talking about. The sticker price for my Bullitt was $31500 I paid $25000. If you paid $28000 for your GT that cost $31500, I say I got the better deal. I still have all my paper work. And there is another Bullitt that I know of that went for $28xxx. I am still not seeing your point. Are you saying that the Bullitt package cost is in the sound?

As for the Bullitt sound Ford only claimed that at WOT they tried to match the 08/09 Bullitt exhaust sound to the movie Mustang. Besides they tried to match a movie video sound. A movie video will sound different from player to player.

Still I 'm not getting your point. I paid less for my Bullitt then you paid for your GT. And I am willing to bet that my Bullitt sounds different then you’re GT. Are you having Bullitt envy, or are you saying that you think your mom got ripped off for paying sticker price, so all Bullitt owners got ripped off?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:22 PM
screaming_pc

Bullitt > GT.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:13 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

wow, I'm saying your getting defensive and borderline insulting now as well as pulling a expert from me, running with it and going off topic.

As for the price difference, I am saying you getting your Bullitt new for 25 is not a fair comparison of most. I agree you got a good deal, better then most, and that is why I said what I said, but then again you felt the need to try to take that as a insult.

So far this is what I have said to sum it up.
The Bullitt is nice
The Bullitt cost more then a GT
The change in sound is there, but not near as much as Ford makes it out to be.
The new bullitt sounds more like a new GT then a original bullitt

Thats it, if you read into that more, have fun arguing with yourself.

Further more this is even more off topic now when all I was trying to get across to the OP is that there isn't much of a difference from the sound of a GT H to a Bullitt. There is a little, but he didn't get into what the cost was going to be for him, so to spell it out the point I was trying to make and hope the OP got was that if it was going to cost him a lot of money to convert to a Bullitts H pipe to consider the payout vs reward. It will be different but not by leaps and bounds and that money could be spent much more wisely on other power adding parts.

Also, Branomano06GT: Went back and looked at your videos there. NICE! That sounds clean, and love the depth. Wish my camera picked up the low end noise like yours does, mine sounds much more tinny and if it gets too loud starts crackling.

Also, to the OP as a point of comparison, this is with a BBK Catted X pipe and Boomtubes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jng3sInHhY

Last edited by JDWalton; 09-04-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Branomano06GT, just got home and saw your vids. Man that sounds good!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

The Bullitt h-pipe only cost me $60 + shipping, so I didn't pay any more for it than I would have for a stock GT h-pipe. I should be able to get that much for my x-pipe so the switch won't cost me anything. If it sounds a little better than the GT h-pipe then that's just a bonus.

JD, I can't see your Youtube video here at work but I've probably seen it before lol. I've been looking at all the Boomtube videos I can find lately. Hopefully I can find some before too long and can post some videos of my own. Though I have the same problem as you, I tried to make a video once and the sound sucked. I don't know if it was the camera or me lol.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

$60 ain't bad. I think you'll be happy with the gurgle. It is very pronounced compared to a bone stock GT. You can barely hear those puppies. My car only has 800 miles and I can already hear the exhaust getting slightly louder...but the gurgle has been there from day 1.
Originally Posted by JDWalton
you guys are taking good deals and comparing to average GTs though in that price. The sticker was at least 31000 on those Bullitts and ford doesnt extend rebates to "special vehicles."
try again. I had $4,000 in rebates

sticker price was $34,500

no trade or other crap. just negotiation down to Invoice, then rebates...got it for $27,500
vs me buying a loaded out GT that stickered at $33,000...and had $3,500 in rebates...and none of the mechanical/interior goodies to provide incentive over buying the Bullitt
I know this is off-topic from the threads original intent...but at least be informed of what you are talking about.

And now to let this thread return to it's original intent.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:49 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
try again. I had $4,000 in rebates

sticker price was $34,500

no trade or other crap. just negotiation down to Invoice, then rebates...got it for $27,500
vs me buying a loaded out GT that stickered at $33,000...and had $3,500 in rebates...and none of the mechanical/interior goodies to provide incentive over buying the Bullitt
I know this is off-topic from the threads original intent...but at least be informed of what you are talking about.
before the 2010s were released I know that the bullitts didnt qualify as there were like 3500+ in rebates then for the GT and they didnt apply, I belive that was early this year or late last summer. cant recall her exact purchase date. Also your comparing to a loaded GT that again, is getting away from a fair comparison for a non-loaded Bullitt. your also not talking about a average person just getting a 3500 rebate, so dont be a jerk telling me to know what I'm talking about when you by clever negotioation or whatever you did, got away with the car for 7,000 under what they were asking. Despite how people try to talk on here, not many people actualy walk away for 7k under asking price.

BUT AGAIN FOR LIKE THE 5TH TIME IN THIS THREAD I FIND MYSELF DEFENDING MYSELF AGAINST BULLITT OWNERS FOR A STATEMENT I DIDNT MAKE. I NEVER SAID A BULLITT WAS NOT WORTH WHAT THEY COST SO STOP ATTACKING ME WITH TALES OF YOUR GREAT DEAL. I DO NOT CARE THAT IS NOT WHAT I EVEN SAID. IN FACT I SAID MANY TIMES, IN EVERY POST ACTUALY, THAT THE BULLITTS ARE NICE SO READ THE WHOLE FREAKING POST AND STOP BEING TOOLS WHEN WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS GUYS REPLACEMENT H PIPE.

Back to the OP: For $60 to get a different sound and that you will be able to get that for yours, so its pretty much free, definatly worth a try.

Last edited by JDWalton; 09-04-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Bullitt H-Pipe Different Than GT H-Pipe?